chapter 10

All the students tapped their feet in urgency.  They sat in tension as they waited for the announcement of the winner. They somehow knew it would be Abir as many people were fond of him. But who knows what the destiny has planned so they were tensed.

Akansha kept a hand over Sitara's shoulder and assured her.

"Tu tension kyu le le rahi hai. Tera banda hai. Jeet jayega. Bharosa rakh" she shrugged, earning a slap over her shoulder.

"Jor se mat bolo" Sitara whispered  yelled, in a scolding tone.

"Kyu tera banda nahi hai woh?" Akansha teased.

"Nahi" Sitara muttered looking away, her cheeks warmed up.

"Achaa? Toh koi aur ladki usko patake le jaye toh tumhe koi problem nahi hoga?" Akansha smirked. Sitara seemed to be frozen in her place. She hung her head down and kept quiet.

"Aacha lagega?" Akansha questioned again, earning a shake of head.

"Nahi" Sitara whispered, her tone was a sad one.

"Bolde na tu usko. Ki tujhe woh pasand hai" Akansha nudged her with her elbow.

"Dar lagta hai" Sitara whispered. Akansha shook her head and slapped her forehead.

"Kha thodi jayega tujhe. I mean khayega but abhi nahi" she quickly corrected herself. Sitara looked at her with a frown.

"Kya matlab? Cannibalist thodi hai" she asked in confusion. Akansha let out a loud laugh, gathering attention from the nearby people. Sitara looked here and there and shushed her up.

"How innocent" Akansha cooed, pinching her cheeks. She put an arm over her shoulder and pulled her closer.

"Yeh sab choro and let's concentrate on the result" she pointed towards the result board.

All the students looked at the board intently. Their heartbeat fastened with every passing moment. Suddenly a noise came from the speaker and at the same time the board had some words.

"Abir Rajvansh won by 15 votes"

Suddenly hoots and cheers were heard. All the students sitting tensed jump in joy. Sitara's eyes widened. A wide smile soon covered her face. She squeled in happiness. Akansha and her hugged each other and hoped on their place. They laugh out together in happiness.

Abir came out from the principal's office with a grinning Daksh behind him. Sitara's smile widened seeing him. She quickly waved at him earning a small wave from him. The onlookers were shocked seeing Abir being so soft towards his junior. They were confirmed that these two shares some romantic relationship.

Abir reached near Sitara and smiled down at her.

"Come" He whispered softly. Sitara glanced at Akansha, conversing to her with her eyes. Akansha smiled and assured her with her eyes.

Sitara hopped happily along with him. Abir chuckled seeing her enthusiastic self. He felt at peace seeing her happy.

''I knew it that you would win" She grinned, squeezing her eyes shut.

"Umhm" He smiled and followed behind her. Sitara entered inside her class and went to her desk. She grabbed her bag and rummaged through it. Taking out a tiffin box, she handed it to Abir.

Abir looked at her with a questioning look. He took the tiffin from her and opened it, only to find a muffin and a cupcake inside it.

"I made it for you. For your win" she smiled widely.

"Oh? Then i should probably kissed the hands who made this, isn't it?" He teased making her blush. He placed the tiffin on the desk and held both of her hands within his palm.