Chapter 1

I sip from the expensive champagne sitting in my hand as Loes sends a glare my way

I sip from the expensive champagne sitting in my hand as Loes sends a glare my way. I stop my movement and keep the glass pressed against my lips.

"What?" The impulse of my breathing makes the bubbly liquid fly straight against my face. My head jerks back, and my eyes close brutally. I hear my best friend's sight, and  flinch when a wipe is being violently swiped against my wet face.

"Don't get drunk at my engagement party!" She whispers-yells to me. When I open my eyes, she is throwing the wipe in the nearest bin. Still scowling at me.

"Well, this champagne is not going to drink itself, now, is it?" I raise one of my eyebrows and I see the smile appearing on her lips even though she tries her best to hide it.

"If Ares sees you like this he is going to freak out." She moves to stand beside me as we watch the people dance.

"Yeah, well you know what I think about the asshole of a boyfriend you have."

"Fiancé."

"Even worse."

"You're not being fair."

"I am."

"He did nothing to you."

"Your dad did nothing to you and you hate him. Can't see the difference." She dramatically turns towards me, and I smile as I sip from my glass.

"Bold move. Even from you Athena Davis!" She gestures with her arms pointing at me and flipping her golden blond hair. "And my dad cheated on my lovely mother. So yeah, I hate him."

"Does he know that?"

"I still need Daddy's money, Athena. We are not all billionaires like you." She glares painfully at me. Enough to make me wince.

"Yeah well-" I can't finish my sentence as someone collides with my back and pushes me forward, away from Loes. I regain my balance and turn around dramatically only to see Ares standing there, with a proud grin on his face, and his arm around Loes' shoulders.

"Didn't see you there, diablesa." he says as he sends an awfully charming smile my way, showing off his perfect white teeth that are lazily chewing on chewing gum. I glare at him and sip from my drink walking away from them.

Fat ass bitch.

I make my way to the bar and grab the bottle of champagne filling my now empty glass, but a tattooed hand grabs my wrists and takes the glass from my hand. I look up and see those piercing dark eyes annoyingly looking right into mine.

"What? You can't be an asshole enough by pushing me away from the only person I know here, you also got to stop me from having my fun and getting drunk?" I scowl at him and cross my arm over my chest.

"I couldn't care less about what you do." He sighs and looks around uncomfortably. He let his head fall back and groan before grabbing my arm and pulling me with him on the dance floor.