Chapter 16

Closing the door behind me seems like a whole lot of work suddenly

Closing the door behind me seems like a whole lot of work suddenly. I don't know how to lock a door. How do you lock a door without the keys? Where are the keys?

Anyway, I make my way over to my bed even if the door isn't locked. Technically. I think. As I let myself fall into the white sheets and my head hits the pillow, I can feel Loes' scent. It makes me hug the pillow even more.

I miss Loes'. I feel like I've lost my best friend, and it hurts. I miss being with her. Maybe we never should've started dating. But it felt so right back then.

I don't even realize I'm on my phone until the blinding light of the screen makes me wince. I don't really know what I'm doing on my phone, I type. Around, open some apps, call Loes. It takes me a minute to realize my mistake and by the time I want to end the call, she answers.

"Hi Loes, I'm sorry about calling you but your annoying scent made me do it, so if you really think about it, it's your fault."

"Uhm-"

"No, I'm lying. Your scent is not annoying, it's sweet and creamy. But it's still your fault though."

"I-"

"But like for real. It's annoying. Not your scent but the fact that it makes me do things like calling you, you know? I think we should see other people. Not that I think we are still partly together. Don't worry. Definitely not together. It's just that it hasn't been that long. And I think I need to completely get over you with sex. Like real sex. Not that we didn't have real sex, but I could've used more, honestly. But it's not important right now. Am I really talking that much? Wow, I'm annoying. So do you think we should sleep with other people? I mean would you mind if I did?"

"She's asleep, Ares."

I like how she says my name.

"I like how you say my name."

"Ares, I'll tell her to call you back, okay?"

"No please don't leave. Please, Athena."

"Ares-"

"Please." I don't know why I'm almost begging for her to stay. But I feel like I need to talk to someone right now. And she happens to be there. "I helped you when you needed it." I did hold her for hours when she found out that the plane crash wasn't an accident.

"Okay."

"You know I loved her." I put the phone on speaker and roll onto my back, getting comfortable.

"Yeah, I know,". Her voice is calm and quiet. She was probably about to go to sleep when Loes' phone rang.

"But I couldn't have done it anyway."

"What do you mean." I take in a big breath and try to remember every moment we had together.

"Don't get me wrong, she is amazing. But I think I would've caved and looked somewhere else."

"Caved?"

"Yeah. I want different things than she does."

"What are you talking about."

"I need more spice. I need to be able to have control or lose it, to be totally fair. I need to feel more alive. I need to be rougher. I need to be able to play with her. To be able to tie you up. To be able to hold you down. Touch you. Hear your pleas and whimpers. Leave you on edge, almost giving you more, but never letting you finish. I need to play." I stop when the mental images make me actually want to do something. I don't want to be horny and alone right now.

As the silence englobe me, I can hear one thing. Athena's breathing. And it's changing. Shakier. Needier.

I can practically see her, with her eyes closed as she bit her lips. I smirk.

"Oh, Diablessa. You're reacting strangely, aren't you?"

"Ares-"

"Am I turning you on?"

"Ares, I don't know what you are doing but I'm not the one you should talk to about this."

"I know you're like me." I can feel it. The way she reacts to my words, the way her voice is a little bit shaky. The way she lets me speak to her like this. "And right now this is turning you on." I don't know what is happening to me. Even though I despise her, I want to hear her moan and whimper, even though this phone. I want her to do as I say.

"Ares."

"Athena."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I don't know." We fall into silence again. I don't know what to tell her anymore.

I don't how long we stay like this. It's not completely silent because I hear her do things on the other end of the phone. She seems to be brushing eh teeth. I hear her move around and I think settles into bed.

There is a pause and then her voice sends a chill down my spine.

"Ares? Are you asleep?" I don't know why I don't say anything, but I stay here, completely still. She waits a little more, thinking I am asleep. "Good night." It's a faint whisper but I hear it through the phone, and then the call disconnects.

Good night Diablessa.