Chapter 14

I've been sitting here for the past two hours, trying to decide

I've been sitting here for the past two hours, trying to decide. It shouldn't be that hard. I have three options; I just need to choose the best one.

I stare at those three files. One, two, three.

I push one away and focus on the last two. I look back at the third one and sigh placing it back next to the others.

"Come on, Athena, you know what you want." I whisper to myself. I take in a big breath. Take the second file and drop it in the bin.

I get up and head for the little (secret) bar I have hidden in a cabinet and pull out a glass and the first alcohol I can find. I pour myself a small glass and drink it rapidly. I stand there for a little while, pondering the question in my head.

I go back to my desk, grab my phone, and dial the number of the winning enterprise.

"Hello, Mr. Martin?" ... yes, hi, it's Athena Davis. I'm calling about the budget money... Yes exactly. we've been very interested in your file, and we would like to give you the money, but we do have a special request... We had a hard time choosing between you and another candidate, and we would like to split the money 70-30%... That's alright?... Perfect, I'll have my assistant send you the paperwork, and it'll be official... No problem, have a nice day, bye." I hang up the phone quickly and tell my assistant on the intercom to send out the paperwork.

I grab my phone and call the other winners. My palms sweat with apprehension about what I want to propose.

"Hi, Theo. It's Athena. Could you and Ares come by the office, please?"

───· 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

As we walk into the building, I'm stunned by the beauty of it

As we walk into the building, I'm stunned by the beauty of it. The walls are dark and the lights give off only a faint glow, but enough to illuminate the space. The green of the plants along the walls blends in with the dark color of the room but brings a certain freshness to it.

The grey weather outside makes the aesthetics of the building a little more attractive. It makes you feel small as you walk through the corridors.

Not surprising coming from Athena.