Chapter 6

And here I am again, lying in bed, overthinking

I shouldn't. Everything is supposed to be perfect. But for the past few days, something felt off. Actually, things have been different for a long time now, but maybe it's just me.

When Ares proposed, I immediately said yes. Because of course, I want to marry him, I love him. But I also said yes because I thought this was what we needed, what I needed.

But somehow the question still ponders in my head.

What the fuck am I doing?

I push the sheets away from me and sit on the edge of the bed, looking down at my legs. I hear the water of the shower running. Last night Ares was pissed, and so was I. but instead of talking it out, we fucked it out.

Which -if you want my opinion- is not a good way of settling things.

I feel a twist in my chest looking down at my naked body. Something feels off.

I press my thighs together, feeling the uncomfortable sensation between my legs. I let my finger brush against my thighs and when I part my legs, my hand slips in between them.

I am not wet, I'm not horny. But it's like my frustration and stress is affecting me here. It's uncomfortable.

I take a deep breath and push myself off the bed. The only thing that helps when I feel like this is drowning my frustration at the gym. So I put on my gym clothes and pack a bag with a towel, water bottle, and my shower product.

I head for the door of our room when Ares walks out of the bathroom.

"You're leaving?"

"Yes."

"Are you still mad?"

"No."

"Lying doesn't suit you."

"Of course, I am still mad, Ares!" I spin back, shouting at him. "We are getting married, and you are not fucking capable of keeping your ego to yourself for one simple dinner!" I walk closer to him glaring at him. "Athena has been my best friend ever since I can remember and it's not you who is going to push us apart." I plant my finger into his chest. "And if you make me choose, I'll be out the door in a heartbeat."

He steps closer reaching out for me, but I pull myself away from him. "No! Don't fucking touch me! I am sick of this. I know exactly how it's going to go; you're going to pull me in for a hug, kiss my neck, bathe me in your sweetness, and next thing I know we're going to be having sex, without ever addressing the real issue!" I step back, realizing how heavy my breathing is. I've never felt like this. I am tired of this. I need communication.

His eyes show that he is hurt, but he knows I am right. And somehow my next words come out too fast. It's inevitable.

"I'm not someone like this, if you can't resolve your problem like a normal person, then find someone who doesn't mind being used like this." I storm out, knowing I left him breathless and hurt in the room. But I was just telling the truth. I don't want a relationship like this. It has always been that way and I'm getting sick of it.