Chapter 25

It's the end of our first day at Venma Corporation, and it's crazy the amount of paperwork we have

It's the end of our first day at Venma Corporation, and it's crazy the amount of paperwork we have. Being a part of Venma makes us visible, and at least twenty businesses are trying to get contracts with us.

There is a lot of money at play, and we cannot be more excited.

We are finalizing some documents and starting to clean our office from all the work laid out on every surface.

"I found an apartment." I tell my brother who turns around with a smile on his face.

"Oh, that's great. Where is it?" he stops whatever he is doing and comes to stand in front of my desk with his hands behind his back.

"It's actually between your apartment and work."

"Oh, so you're close to Athena's."

"I have no idea where she lives, it doesn't really matter." He smirks but then shakes his head.

"Anywaaaaayyy..." He leans forward and his hands that were hiding behind his back put down a box on my desk and push it towards me.

"What's that?"

"A present."

"Why?"

"March 23rd?" He looks at me like I'm stupid and I tap on my phone checking the date.

"Already?"

"Yeah, happy 29th birthday big bro." he smiles at me, and I pull the box closer to me and open it. I stay stunned for a moment looking at the very beautiful but probably very expensive Rolex sitting in it.

"Waw. It's amazing. Thank you so much, you didn't have to." I get up and walk around my desk coming closer to him. I clap my hand in his and we hug as I clap his back too.

"Of course."

We are interrupted by a phone ringing, and I look down at the desk to see my brother's phone ringing. The screen is lit up with an 'Athena'. It also shows a picture of them. It is taken by someone else. Athena is leaning against Theo with one of her legs up and a shot in the air. Theo is holding her by the waist and also holds a shot. He looks happy. She wears black pants and a beautiful top, a little slutty to be honest that let her tattoo show.

She looks annoyingly perfect.

Theo takes his phone, but my eyes stay exactly where the phone was. My brain is running a thousand miles per hour, but I don't know why.

I have images of Athena in my arms against the wall, on the couch, our lips kissing. I can see her chest heave up and down. Feel her skin against mine. Smell her perfume. See her move.

I can see her move.

I can see her body arching, her hand going down her body in front of her tattoo.

I can see her move.

Oh my god.

I start to gather my stuff and tell Theo I got to go.

I need to find her.

I know that Loes is spending the night at Miles' because she was alone tonight. But Athena already left hours ago and if she's not at home, there is only one other place she could be.

I know where she is. If it's her. Oh god, please let it be her.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I smile at James as he talks about this guy he met and he finally got the courage to go up to him and say hi

"You're so sweet." He slaps my arm playfully and I chuckle.

"Davis!" I hear my boss yell and I turn to him. He comes in with a small smile and mentions that I need to follow him. We get into my lodge, and he closes the door behind us. "I need you to do a solo."

"Why?"

"It was a request. They asked for you."

"How can they ask for me, nobody knows I work here."

"They referred to the mask."

I look at my desk where I have my mask and my clothes.

"Okay, what is it for?" I'm actually happy that I have to dance. After everything that has been going on with Ares, it will be good to let it out by dancing.

"A birthday."

── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

When the music starts, I start to move and already feel the tension in my muscles ease. I let myself fly and slide on the rhythm of the music. The lights tonight are purple and blue. It's a change but I like it. It gives another vibe for once.

I can see the heads of people in the public and I keep getting closer to the man sitting in the chair in front of me.

I just wished it wasn't him.

As I get on his lap and look at his face, I stop breathing.

What is he doing here?

It's his birthday?

Ares.

My routine implies that I need to dance on his lap, but I can't do this. I pull away from him to start dancing in front of his chair, but his hands grab my waist and pull me into him. I am frozen, I don't dare to move.

One of his hands slowly goes up to the back of my head and pulls it until he can whisper in my ear.

And my blood turns as cold as ice.

"Diablessa."