Chapter 5

His hand wraps around my throat as he pins me against the wall of the elevator

His hand wraps around my throat as he pins me against the wall of the elevator. I fist his sweater and pull him closer to me crashing my lips against his. His leg slides between mine and pushes up against my core making me whimper under his touch.

"Theo" my moan is swallowed by his mouth, and I cling to him tighter.

He grabs both of my tight and hoists me up so I can wrap my legs around his waist.

His hips push into mine and I let my head fall back against the wall as he starts kissing my neck. His hands squeeze the back of my thighs, and his groin rubs against my sensitive core.

The elevator's doors open, and he puts me down so we can walk out toward my place.

When Theo joined Leos and me outside, I wasn't crying anymore. I was just hurting. Empty. Loes left us and he sat next to me in silence. At some point, I climbed on his lap and asked him to kiss me. At first, he wasn't sure if it was a good idea. I almost had to beg him. Telling him how much I needed this.  

Eventually, his hand cupped my face as the other pulled me closer and his lips caught mine in a deep and warm embrace.

I stop in front of my door, my eyes fixating on the little box and red envelope on the floor. I bend down and pick them up, rushing Theo inside.

I throw my purse on the couch and then walk into the kitchen pouring myself and Theo glasses of wine. I take it upon myself to not let my fear show as I slowly open the box.

There sits a beautiful little bracelet. But I felt the knot in my stomach tighten in my chest seeing the butterflies attached to it.

You're mine butterfly. So fucking beautiful when you open your wings.

Wings always had been another metaphor for legs to him. But the problem is that completely confirms who my secret stalker is. I open the envelope and read the neat handwriting.

Wear it for me, butterfly.

I push both the letter and box away from me, focusing my attention back on Theo. He is standing next to my couch, looking at something.

"Theo?" He slowly bends down and reaches for something and when he brings it off the couch, I gasp. I left it there. The mask.

The only light comes in from the huge window, the full moon illuminates the living room, only allowing me to see the silhouette of his body holding my black mask. His hair falling in front of his face.

"It was you?" His voice is dark. Cold and warm at the same time.

He turns to me and slowly takes silent steps toward me. As he walks closer, the light of the kitchen reflects in his ocean-blue eyes, sending a shiver down my spine.

"I asked you a question?" He is close to me now, backing me up onto the kitchen counter. His frame hides the light from me, and his eyes analyze my face as he still holds the mask in his hand.