Chapter 12

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

"Hi, Athena, it's me."

"Oh, hi, Loes." I place the phone between my shoulder and ear as I take my clothes off. "What's up?"

"I broke up with Ares."

"Yeah, I know." She stays silent for a couple of seconds, which gives me time to put on my sexy lingerie. "It was obvious. The look on his face last night, damn."

And also the way he pinned me against that wall. And the way he talked to me. And the way he made me want to beg for more.

"Yeah, it was rough."

"What did he break?" I put my phone on speaker and place it on my desk so I can change my bra.

"Whiskey glass." I stop changing and turn to look at the phone.

"What, he drank before the party?"

"Yeah, a little. Why?" I chuckle and clip my bra, then reach for the dress on my stool.

"He got hammered. But like hammered."

"Really?" I can feel the guilt in her voice, and I roll my eyes.

"Don't blame yourself, love. You did what you had to do. He's a big boy. He'll handle it." I pick up my everyday clothes and place them on my dresser, so I can change rapidly when this is over.

"Yeah, but I probably shouldn't have told him just before the party."

"Probably."

There is a little silence, and I remove my mask from the bag. This mask is not me anymore, not when he knows exactly what it looks like, every detail. Not after his gift.

"Are you free now?" Loes brings me back to reality, and I clear my throat, attaching the mask to my face.

"No, I got called in for a shift with James tonight; I got to fill in for his partner, who has food poisoning." I take a step back to look at myself in the mirror and shrug my shoulders.

"A duo? You don't usually do that, right?"

"No, but I know the dance, and I need to think about something else."

"Why, what's happened?"

"Uhm..."

No man can be disrespectful to you except from me. No man can see that look of hatred that sits so beautifully on your face.

"Just last night-"

You're mine in so much other way than the one people are used to hearing.

"Was a very long night."

"You want to talk about it?" At this moment, my door opens, and James walks in.

"Show time Davis."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───