Chapter 16

Alex's POV

I went outside to cool off a little bit after the incident with her majesty, it was dark but I didn't mind much. I was used to the dark.

Walking around, it didn't take long for me to stumble into The Royal Garden. It looked so beautiful during the night. I like flowers. They're so pretty to look at.

Mom loved them too. When I was younger, we spent nearly every day during the spring and summer just to be in the nearby field back home. Spending hours playing. It was full of all types of flowers.

Mom used to shift into her big wolf form and chase me around, we also made flower crowns and took naps there. My favorite is when we had picnics.

She had a difficult time making me leave when night came, she had to drag me kicking and screaming. Begging to stay just a little longer as I sobbed. By the time we got home, I was asleep in her arms with tear stains on my cheeks.

Crouching next to a bed of roses, I sighed, staring at the thorny flowers. I haven't been back to that field after mom died, couldn't bare being there without her. It would feel so empty. I don't wanna feel that. She was my sun and I her little silver blossom.

Seeing something flicker in the corner of my eye, I turned to see my silver tail. I yelped, covering it with my dress with a flushed face. My mind racing at record speed. Did anyone see it?

I'm normally better at hiding my tail, I pay no real attention towards it like my ears. I hide both of them at all times, it's one of the reasons why I'm always wearing my hat and pants.

Arthur and his minions always liked to tug on  them and get gum in my hair/fur. After a while I just hid my wolf parts everyday. It was annoying.

Getting gum out of long, knotted hair is so difficult and a giant pain. Ben doesn't know any spells that could get gum out of hair so he would have to cut it out. Luckily, he never cut too much off to make it look weird, unlike Liz.

She's banned from doing my hair.

"Well, well. What do we have here?" I flinched back to reality, shooting up and spinning around to see...nothing? Fear slowly creeped on me, seeing no one as I looked around. "What are you doing out here, little wolf?"

I froze, feeling a presents behind me as their hand grabbed a piece of my hair and started playing with it in between their fingers. Feeling her gaze on me made me tremble.

"You don't have to fear me, little wolf." She reassured, getting a little too close for comfort with her breathing right next to my ear. "I won't harm you." I really don't believe that.

Feeling her let go of my hair and take a few steps back, I hesitantly turned around to face this unknown woman. And looking her up and down made my eyes widened as I let out a tiny gasp.

Light ash blond hair and marigold color eyes. A figure slim but curves that were perfect. It's the woman from my dream.

I immediately felt at ease. She smiled, her fangs showing just a little with her gaze softly stared down at me. "What's your name, little wolf?"

It was like I was in a trance. "Alexandra. Most people call me Alex." Her smile widened, taking my hand into her own and bowing down to kiss it, being careful with her fangs. "A beautiful name for a beautiful girl. It means defender."

I blushed. She's making me feel all types of things just like her majesty. What is going on? Did I finally lose it or something? Am I sick again? "I'm sorry, but I-I don't know your name."

She laughed. "Jane, little wolf." That's a pretty name. Looking around, I didn't see the other lady that was in my dream. "Is something the matter, dear?" Jane asked, head tilted. "N-No! I just noticed that you seem a bit tired."

"Oh, yes." Jane frowned, resting her head on the palm of her hand. "I was off doing some business in the west. Two covens were bickering over some unclaimed land." Covens? "I needed to go over and come up with a solutions to make both sides happy. It was quite the hassle."

Turning her gaze back to me, she grinned. My blood ran cold, eyes widened when I saw hers turn from marigold to a bright cherry color that glowed. "I was so busy that I haven't feed in some time. Would you help me, little wolf? Pretty please."

She's a vampire!

-