13- Party Begins [Part 1]

The Shergill mansion sparkled with an air of celebration, adorned with decorations that reflected the warmth and grandeur of the occasion. 

Today was a special day, as the head of the Shergill family, Mrs. Chandrika Shergill, was celebrating her birthday. 

The younger members of the family were bustling with excitement, making sure every detail was perfect for their beloved matriarch.

Kajal and Manyata, with their creative minds and meticulous planning, took charge of the decorations. The entire mansion seemed to be transformed into a haven of joy and festivity. 

The aroma of fresh flowers wafted through the air, and the soft glow of fairy lights adorned every corner, creating an enchanting ambiance.

A large, ornately decorated cake took center stage, ready to be the sweet centerpiece of the celebration. The tables were adorned with beautiful floral arrangements.

The youngsters were busy arranging the final details, ensuring that everything was in place for the grand celebration. The joyous atmosphere was contagious, and laughter echoed through the halls.

Raghavendra, entered her Dadi's room with a bright smile on his face. The room exuded a sense of warmth and comfort, much like the bond they shared.

She looked at Raghavendra and reciprocated the smile, her eyes filled with affection.

Raghavendra: (as a mark of respect and love, touched her feet and said) Happy Birthday, Dadi.

Chandrika: (she blessed him with a gentle touch and replied) Hamesha khush reh, aur mera aashirvaad yahi hai ki teri zindagi mein bahut sundar si ladki aaye jo tuje jeena sikhaye aur muskurana sikhaye.

Raghavendra: (couldn't help but roll his eyes playfully) Dadi, aapka yeh aashirvaad main accept nahi kar sakta. Aap toh sab jaanti hai phir bhi.

Chandrika: (smiled knowingly) Puttar, umeed pe hi toh duniya kayam hai, aur main tab tak koshish karti rahungi jab tak tu maan nahi jaata.

Raghavendra: (decided to change the topic) Accha chodiye inn sab baaton ko. Main yaha aapko aapka gift dene aaya hoon.

Raghavendra handed her a beautifully wrapped box. Dadi eagerly opened it and found an idol of Lord Ganesha and two gold bangles inside. She smiled and teased

Chandrika: Tu har saal mujhe kangan gift karta hai?

Raghavendra: (proudly replied) Haan toh.

Taking the bangles from the box, he said

Raghavendra: Laiye, main pehnata hoon aapko.

She extended her hands, and Raghavendra gently replaced her old bangles with the new ones. She fondly remarked.

Chandrika: Aur hamesha ki tarah tu mujhe mera gift akele mein deta hai.

With a soft touch, Dadi placed her hands on Raghavendra's cheek, expressing her love and pride for her grandson. He smiled at her gesture and said

Raghavendra: Let's go, Dadi. Sab wait kar rahe hain aapka.

Offering his hands, he playfully added

Raghavendra: May I, My Lady?

She chuckled at his playful demeanor, putting her hands on his, and together they left the room, ready to join the festivities awaiting them.

The hall was adorned with elegance and traditional charm as the guests gathered in the hall, dressed in the theme of the evening—traditional attire for the ladies and tuxedos for the gentlemen. The anticipation grew as everyone awaited the arrival of the lady of the hour.