19- Contract

Manyata reached Raghavendra's cabin, an exclusive space in his mansion where only Aniket was allowed. 

She knocked on the door, and his voice called out

Raghavendra: Come in

As she entered, he gestured for her to sit.

Raghavendra: Baitho yaha

He directed, and she took a seat in front of him. 

He handed her a file, and confusion crept onto her face.

Raghavendra: Read it carefully. Agar kuch change karwana hai, toh bata dena.

Perplexed, Manyata questioned

Manyata: Yeh kya hai?

Raghavendra: Marriage contract

He stated matter-of-factly.

Manyata: Contract?

She exclaimed, surprised by the unconventional approach.

Raghavendra: Haan, hamari shaadi zaroor hogi lekin zindagi bhar saath nibhane ke liye nahi, sirf 6 mahine ke liye

He explained, a pragmatic tone in his voice.

Shocked, Manyata looked at him, unable to comprehend the gravity of his words. 

Raghavendra: Listen, I don't believe in love and marriage. Aur yeh shaadi tum Kajal ki jaan bachane ke liye kar rahi ho, aur main tumhare aashiq se badla lene ke liye.

Gritting her teeth, she retorted

Manyata: Vo mera aashiq nahi hai.

He chuckled at her response and said

Raghavendra: Okay, just check the contract and its clauses. Agar tumhe kuch bhi change karna hai, then tell me. Main lawyer se bolke karwa dunga.

As Manyata started reading the contract, Raghavendra observed her intently, not blinking his eyes, as if gauging her reactions.

After going through the document, she looked up and said

Manyata: I accept all the clauses except for two.

Raghavendra raised an eyebrow, curious about her objections. 

Manyata pointed to the clauses she disagreed with, explaining

Manyata: Iss mein likha hai ki jab tak main aapki wife hoon tab tak aap meri zimmedari uthayenge.

Raghavendra: Toh ismein problem kya hai?

He inquired.

Manyata: Mr. Shergill, I am a working woman. Aur itna toh main kama leti hoon ki apni zarooratein puri kar saku. Issliye aapko yeh karne ki zaroorat nahi hai

She asserted with determination. 

Though he seemed to have an opposing thought, he merely nodded, respecting her wishes.

Manyata: Or ek yeh wala ismein likha hai ki 6 mahine baad jab yeh contract khatam ho jaayega, uske baad you will give me the alimony.

Raghavendra: Haan, you can ask whatever you want.

Manyata: (chuckled and said) Aap itne bhi ameer nahi hain ki meri khawaish puri kar sake. Issiliye iss clause ki koi zaroorat nahi hai. I don't need anything.

Raghavendra: Are you sure?

He asked.

Manyata: Yes

She affirmed.