23- Glimpses of Past

The morning sunlight streamed through the window, stirring Manyata from her sleep

With a sudden realization, she shot up and looked around, acknowledging the unfamiliar surroundings. 

It dawned on her that she was now married, and the room she found herself in belonged to her 6 feet 2-inch devil of a husband, Raghavendra.

Her eyes landed on the bed where he was still sleeping soundly. 

With a gentle jerk, she freed herself from the blanket and cautiously observed the room.

Gathering her thoughts, she decided to get ready for the day.

After a quick visit to the bathroom, Manyata emerged, adorned in a yellow plain saree paired with a white floral blouse. 

Her wet hair cascaded down her back, and she used a towel to dry them. 

In the process, she sensed some commotion behind her. 

Raghavendra, awakening to the subtle disturbance, slowly opened his eyes only to be captivated by the enchanting sight before him.

His little wife, in a simple saree with wet hair, seemed ethereal. 

The gaze on her was intense, and he found himself unable to look away. 

As she turned her neck, she caught him staring, and in that moment, the 6 feet 2-inch devil looked almost cute with messy hair and a few strands falling on his forehead.

Unaware of the turmoil in his mind, Manyata met his gaze, her thoughts betraying her with the internal acknowledgment of his cuteness. 

Swiftly correcting herself, she shot him a look before leaving the room, leaving Raghavendra in a state of unexpected admiration.

Heading downstairs, she encountered Chandrika and Pavitra. 

They greeted her with smiles, and Manyata, out of respect, bent down to seek their blessings.

Manyata: Good morning, dadi. Good morning, aunty

She greeted.

Chandrika blessed her, and Pavitra corrected her title, saying,

Pavitra: I am your mother now, so no 'aunty'. Varna main aashirvaad nahi dungi.

Manyata: (chuckled and addressed her as) Okay.... Mom.

Receiving Pavitra's blessings as well.

Chandrika suggested she make a sweet dish for her first day, leaving the rest of the work to the kitchen staff. 

Manyata agreed, asking for suggestions, and Chandrika advised her to make whatever she liked.

After their brief kitchen conversation, Manyata set out to prepare something sweet.