~Matching PT 2~

D'ella POV:

I already had vine ready to connect all the pearls and shells so all I needed to do was put everything together.

I sat on a warm rock so I could keep my tail warm and lay everything in-front of me. Za'ke sat directly behind me and rested his dinner hands on my stomach and his chin on my shoulder so he could watch what I was doing.

After a few minutes of working on Za'ke's waist belt that had more blue whereas mine had pink I could tell he was starting to get restless. He nuzzled his nose into my neck and kept himself busy for a few more minutes so I could finish his belt.

Right as I was going to start on my matching belt Za'ke tightened his arms around me and pulled me back so I was laying on his chest and he was laying on the rock.

I squealed in surprise and I could feel the vibrations on Za'ke laughing below me.

We laid like that for a few minutes before I tried to get back up and continue my work but Za'ke refused to let me up.

I started to whine not cause I was uncomfortable or wanted him to stop but because I just wanted to finish my task so me and Za'ke could be matching.

Za'ke quickly sat up and turned me to face him while one hand went to hold the side of my face and the other to hold my waist. "What's wrong baby?!" I read his lips and I could tell by the speed he was freaking out.

That made me giggle but I felt bad for laughing at him so I brought my fists up to hide my smile but that seemed to make him smile so a win is a win.

I pointed to my earlier project to give Za'ke a hint I wanted to be let go so I could continue and he gave me a small hug and turned me back around so I could finish my waist belt and add some pink accents.

After I finished mine I grabbed our belts and stood up so Za'ke could stand up which he quickly did thinking I was going somewhere.

I put my belt over my shoulder so I could wrap my arms around Za'ke's waist to tie the ends of the vine together.

I made Za'ke's belt longer than mine because he was a lot bigger than me and the metkayina people seem to be wider than my people in the forest.

Za'ke wrapped his finned arms around me thinking I was hugging me which cause me to giggle but I carried on anyway.

After I finished tying the ends together I pulled away and looked at his waist to make sure it fit and looked good.

Za'ke saw me looking at his waist so he looked down and saw the belt sitting on his hips.

I quickly attached mine around me so we could match but he stopped me. At first I thought he didn't want to match with me and soon dark thoughts filled my head but they soon stopped when I saw Za'ke was just tying it for me.

When he was done he bent over and kissed right next to my belly button above the waist belt and when he stood back up he smiled down at me. "I love it baby. It's my favorite accessory ever!" He said with a genuine smile.

I giggled and brought my fists up to my mouth once again. His large hands gently trapped my wrists and brought my hands back down to my waist. "Don't hide that pretty smile" he said.

I saw his head quickly shoot over to the right and I followed his gaze and saw the olo'ektan tonowari standing down the beach slightly.

Za'ke turned to me and grabbed my face making sure I was reading him "I have to go on a very important trip for a couple of days baby but I promise I'll be back before you know it ok?" I was sad he was leaving but I couldn't ask him to stay so I nodded my head in understanding.

He gave me a sad smile and kissed my forehead before following his dad back to their mauri where I assume they'd get ready to leave.

(NOT EDITED)