03

The next day Luke and Nadia continued to show Percy around and tell him things about the camp.

Luke did the most because he's been there longer than Nadia. And Nadia just didn't feel like chiming in.

She just wanted to not be there but she only did it for Percy. Nadia was in his shoes years ago and she felt like she could help him through the tough time.

Being new, unclaimed and having no friends. But she still felt bad that he chose to be with Luke. Nadia still didn't like Luke. She tried to like him but she couldn't stand him.

He wasn't who he said he was.

The three walked to the fields where everyone was training again. "You're gonna love this. Camp wide mock warfare, all glory to the victors." Luke said as they walked.

The three of them looked over at Annabeth and she nodded her head to Nadia as she waved at the girl.

"Annabeths the head counselor of the Athena cabin. She'd led our team to three straight wins. Been a long time since anyone's won a fourth."

Nadia rolled her eyes at that part. "She was there in the bathroom. She said she's been waiting for it to happen." Percy said and the three stopped.

Clarisse told her about what had happened last night. Nadia loves Clarisse but she didn't love her bullying the new kids, especially Percy.

"Annabeth sees the world differently. Always six steps ahead of everyone else. You should cut her a break." Luke told him.

"Whose side are you on, anyway?"

"Oh, hers, always. She's my little sister." Luke said and both Nadia and Percy looked at him weirdly. "Maybe I should back up." Luke, Nadia, and Percy went to the mess hall and sat down.

"Before camp, I was on the road. Me and a forbidden kid I met along the way. Her name was Thalia." Luke started to explain.

"And what does that mean, forbidden?"

"A long time ago, Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades agreed their children were becoming too powerful, so they made a pact not to father any more. And it held a long time until Zeus and Hades broke that pact. Until Thalia."

"And me." Nadia added. Luke quickly looked at her and back at Percy.

"A forbidden kid attracts trouble. Monster's everywhere, it's just a constant battle to stay alive. One day we, uh, find this little girl hiding in an alley." Luke said and took a breath.

"Annabeth. We were worried about taking her in, exposing her to all that danger. Then we saw her fight. Thalia didn't make it. But Annabeth and me...we did. And we've been family ever since."

"She's been watching me since I got here, why?" Percy asked him. "Annnabeth is the strongest warrior in camp. The only way left to prove herself is to go on a quest." He said.

"And what does this have to do with me?"

"Chiron's been promising her for years. One day, a demigod would arrive who was fated to go on a quest that even Chiron couldn't prevent. And when that happened, she could join it."

"Every new arrival, Annabeth watches, looking for a sign they're the one. Usually, she gives up after a day or two, but she's still watching you."

"Can you ask her to knock it off?" Percy asked and Luke tilted his head. "Yeah, sure. But what if she's right?"

The conch shell blew and they turned to see Chiron standing there. "Hero's, it's time. The game begins." He announced and everyone got up.

"Good luck, Percy." She said as she walked past them. "Miss Baylor." Chiron said and she looked up and walked over to him. "Yes Chiron?"

"I'm sorry to tell you, you have been disqualified from today's game." He said and her faces dropped. "What? Why? I thought you said I'd be able to play, just not fight?" Nadia asked him.

"I've gotten some news that you attacked someone two nights." He said and Nadia's mouth went open. "I did not." She said. She looked around and her eyes found Luke.

He was smiling at her.

Nadia looked back at Chiron. "Where do you want me while the games go on?" She asked him. "The office. Mr. D will be there in case you try to run off and participate in the games." He said and she rolled her eyes.

"Fine. I'll stay there only because I have a feeling to murder someone." She muttered and walked towards the office.

Hours had passed and she had heard that the blue team won, again. Chiron along with Percy came into the office. He said that he needed to talk to them both about something.

"For months now, Zeus and Poseidon have been locked in a dispute over the master bolt. The symbol of Zeus's authority and it has been stolen." Chiron explained.

"Who stole it?" Percy asked.

"You did." Mr. D said.

"What?"

"Zeus is looking for a thief, sees a forbidden child, claimed by his jealous brother...it doesn't look good for you, kid." Mr. D said to him.

"Zeus doesn't think I stole it?" Nadia asked, crossing her arms. "No, he does not."

"I didn't do anything." Percy said to them. "Of course, you didn't. But your father needs your help. An ultimatum has been given to him by Zeus that if he doesn't return the bolt by the end of the summer solstice in one week... there will be war. That is your quest. You must leave immediately." Chiron told him.

"Leave? Leave for where?"

"Zeus is king on Olympus and Poseidon has always resented it but there is a third brother who has always deeply resented them both."

"It's Hades."

"My father."

Nadia and Percy said at the same time. "Yes." Chiron confirmed."The bolt is with Hades. In the underworld." Percy said.

"I know it sounds daunting but you won't go alone, a quest is always undertaken by four."

"Great. Good luck finding those guys, cause it ain't gonna be me." Percy said to Chiron. "Poseidon has claimed you. This is his will."

"Poseidon has ignored me my entire life."

"You are his son." Mr. D said.

"I am Sally Jackson's son." Percy yelled. "Who is Sally Jackson?" He asked. "She's the one who cared enough to call herself my mother. She's the one who got herself killed, so that I could be safe here." Percy said.

"The fate of the world hangs in the balance. You will accept this quest!" Mr. D yelled. "I won't!"

"Hey everybody." They all looked to see Grover. "Grover, now is not the time." Chiron said. "I'm sorry, sir. But I have news." He said looking at Percy. "Grover." Chiron warned.

"Sally Jackson is alive. It looked like she died but it only looked that way." He told him. "Grover." Mr. D said but he didn't stop talking.

"Your mother was stolen. By Hades. Which means she's with him now, in the underworld. That's where they want you to do too, isn't it?"

"If you can find her there... I think you can bring her back." Grover said. Percy looked at Chiron. "When do we leave?" He asked.