18

Nadia opened her eyes and she was on a beach. She looked around to see Percy, Annabeth, and Grover staring at someone.

Ares.

She pushed herself off of the ground and walked over to them, standing next to Percy. He looked at her and she nodded her head once and they turned their attention back on the god.

Together, the four of them walking towards him. Grover and Annabeth walked a few paces behind the two of them. Percy raised his sword at him.

"Single combat!" Percy said and Ares scoffed. "What?" He asked the kid. Annabeth and Grover said the same thing. "One on one but I set the terms. I draw first blood, I keep the bolt and you surrender the helm." He said.

"No, two on one." Nadia said and Ares looked at her. "I doesn't work like that." He told her. "Why, scared?" She asked him and he laughed. Nadia took off her back pack and she opened the case.

It was a black sword. She tossed her backpack and the case to the side.

"Do you accept?" Percy asked him.

"I mean it's your funeral, kids. Although, just to be clear, no funeral. Any trace of you leaves a trace of my plan, and we can't have that." Ares said.

"It wasn't your plan, though, was it. It was Kronos. It was his idea to frame Poseidon's kid and steals Hades's helm and Zeus's bolt to start a war." Percy said and him and Nadia took a few steps closer to him.

"Is that where he got to you, too? Through your dreams?" He asked him and Ares got mad. "Gods don't dream, little man and no one tells the god of war how to start a fight."

"And after you two die... say hi to your mommy for me." Ares said. Percy and Nadia raised their swords and he started walking towards them.

Percy ran forward and swung at him and Percy dodged it. He turned around and swung again and he jumped back.

Nadia swung at him and Ares turned around, blocking her hit with his sword and kicking her back and she fell on the ground. He turned back to Percy and they went back and forth and he hit him to the ground.

Nadia got up and walked towards him. Ares swung down at Percy and he blocked it. He swung again and Percy blocked it again.

Ares pulled Percy up and swung at him. He managed to get behind him and Ares swung and Nadia jumped in and blocked his hit.

He grabbed her and threw her a few yards away and she hit her head on the sand. Ares swung and knocked Percy's sword on the ground and grabbed him, lifting him in the air and swinging him and shoving him down on the sand.

Ares walked towards him and kicked him where Nadia was. Percy turned over to Nadia and put his hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him. "Get up." He whispered to her.

Thunder started rumbling and the waves started crashing. They both pushed off of the ground. "I warned you... if you not careful..." Percy starts as the two stood up next to each other.

"You'll find out...who I am." He said. He grabbed Nadia's hand as a wave came and made an opening for them as it crashed down on Ares.

Percy looked at her and nodded. They ran for their swords and ran to him. Percy raised it and struck down and Ares blocked it. He swung down and grazed him leg and he groaned in pain.

Ares swung at Nadia and cut her stomach and she fell to the ground. Annabeth and Grover ran to them. "You okay? You hurt?" Grover asked him as Annabeth ran to Nadia and helped her stand. "I am." Nadia said, looking down at her stomach.