04

The next morning Chiron, Mr. D, Percy, and a few others gathered in the hall. Candidates for the quest to return the bolt to Zeus and get Percy's mother from the underworld.

The candidates stood in a half circle while Chiron was explaining everything. "The oracle has confirmed what we expected, that his quest will proceed toward the underworld, where you will confront the god who has rebelled against his brothers." Chiron explained.

He looked over at Nadia. "Hades. The entrance to Hades's domain lies under the city of Los Angeles. This is where you will journey to."

He looked out upon everyone. "I have selected our most compelling candidates, from which you will choose three to join you on this quest and ensure that we succeed."

"Annabeth." Percy said.

"The first quest-mate shall be Annabeth Chase! Now, on to the other candidates." Chiron said. Percy looked out among the others.

"Nadia." He called out.

She looked over at him and saw him and Chiron talk for a few moments before Chiron turned back to the others. "The second quest-mate shall be Nadia Baylor!"

Percy then ended up choosing Grover and they got dismissed and Nadia went to the Hermes cabin to start packing.

She changed into black jeans and a black long sleeve with a black leather jacket. Nadia put her hair into two French braids.

She packed her back pack full of clothes, snacks, daggers, and a few other things. "Nadia." She turned to see Luke standing there with a box.

She looked him up and down. "Yeah?" She asked turning back and zipping her backpack up and throwing it over her shoulder and turning to him.

Luke sat the box down of the ground and stood up straight. "I just wanted to say good luck out in the world." Luke said. "Really? I thought you'd be happy if something happened to me." She said with a small laugh.

He shook his head and stepped closer to her. "As much as I don't like you, I wouldn't wish for you to get hurt." He said.

Nadia noticed that he was relaxed and he was telling the truth. "Thanks, Luke." She said and he smiled at her.

"Now what are you going to do without me here?" She asked him. Luke shrugged his shoulders and looked around before returning his eyes back to her. "I don't know, enjoy time alone without someone always antagonizing everything I do."

"Ha ha, funny." Nadia said.

"I'm being serious." He said and they both laughed. "No but seriously, I think I might actually miss you, even if it's only for a few days." Luke said.

He put his hand his pocket and pulled out something and handed it to him. "I got you something." He said. She grabbed it from his hand and closely looked at it.

It was a bracelet.

Nadia smiled and looked at him. "I like it. It's cute, thank you." She said and he nodded. "Though I would have preferred it black." She said and he rolled his eyes.

"I'm joking." She said. He grabbed it from her hand and pulled her hand closer to him and put it on her wrist. She pulled her arm back and looked at him. Luke grabbed her face and kissed her.

"I've been wanting to do that for a while." He whispered, leaning his forehead on hers. "Don't catch feelings, Luke. I'm not that type of girl."

He smiled pulling away from her. "I thought you wouldn't be. Be safe, Nadia." He said leaning down and picking up the box. "I'll see you soon." He said walking out of the cabin.

Nadia walked into the Ares cabin to say goodbye to Clarisse. She spotted her and walked over to her. "Claire." She said and she turned around.

"Nia." She said and noticed her bag on her shoulders and her smile dropped. "Leaving already?" She asked and Nadia nodded.

"Yep."

"So, you might actually meet your dad." Clarisse said and she scoffed. "I'm so stoked, can't you tell?" She asked her and she smiled.

"Not like mines any better." Clarisse said, rolling her eyes. "Dead beat dad club, am I right?" Nadia joked and Clarisse laughed.

"I'm going to miss you, Nia." She said pulling her into a hug. "I'm going to miss you too."

She grabbed her hands and she noticed the bracelet. "This is new." She said running her fingers over it. "Luke gave it to me."

Clarisse snapped her head up to look at her.

"Don't ask. It was weird. He was actually being nice. And we both weren't shit talking each other." Nadia said.

"That is weird but good luck on your quest. Don't let anyone get you. I don't know what I'd do if something happened and I wouldn't be able to see your face again." Clarisse said.

"I'll come back. That is one of the perks about being the daughter of Hades. I mean, if it does work like that." Nadia said.

Nadia's smile dropped and she sighed. "Well I better get going. I'm going to miss you." She said and she nodded. "I'm going to miss you too. I love you." She said.

Nadia took a step back and let go of Clarisse's hands. "I love you too." She said turning away and walking out of the cabin.