Chapter 12

After a while I can tell that Zi-Ming has fallen asleep and Zi-Wei moves over closer to me,

"Are you scared after being taken?" the girl asks and I just nod my head.

" I didn't really want to be alone right now, but aren't you scared of being on the mountain and taking care of everything on your own?" I ask.

"It's always been this way, I have gotten used to this life" She explains.

"Actually, I think you have a pretty great life. I wish I could just stay on this mountain like you guys and enjoy every day just all on your own, no one here to hurt you" I say thinking about it.

" Are you not happy with your husband?" She asks surprised.

"Well, actually he has been away for a long time so I have lived more days apart than together."

"Oh! So where are you going with your husband?" She asks.

"We were actually going to the capital city into the Imperial Palace" I explain.

"Really? How exciting!" she says, sitting up and looking at me.

"Actually I'm really scared of going there, I don't want to go" I say.

"Why? Are you going there for a bad reason? Are you in trouble?" She asks, her eyes getting big and I laugh a little.

"No, it is for my husband and his job," I explain.

"Oh, well then there is no reason for you to be afraid! I mean you were able to escape bandits and climb a mountain all on your own. If you can handle that with courage there is not much else to be afraid of in this life" She says in a matter of fact way.

"You know, you are right, how are you so wise?" I say surprised at her words and she just shrugs her shoulders. We then decide we need to sleep and we fall into a deep sleep until the light starts streaming through the window.

 I wake up with a start and see that I am left in the room alone and can hear some various noises outside. I get up and change back into my old clothes and I start to regret not washing them last night. I then walk out of the house and find the two of them in the front yard doing various chores.

"Why didn't you wake me?" I ask.

"You looked really tired and didn't respond after I tried to call you so we decided to just let you sleep," Zi-Wei explains.

"I really should be getting on the road to find my way back" I say a bit sad to leave the two of them.

"Yes, come and eat some breakfast and then we will help you find the way back" She says pointing to the table with some rice, fish and various vegetables on it. I go and eat while they continue to be busy.

"What are you guys doing?" I finally ask between bites.

"We are drying some herbs, my Father knows about all the herbs on this mountain. We help him with his work especially when he is away" Zi-Wei says while sorting through various herbs and Zi-Ming just nods his head at her words.

"Wow! So do you know what to give people when they get sick?" I ask.

"Father has taught us the uses of the medicines and understands the uses for herbs. He has never trained as a Physician so he doesn't prescribe medicine for other people. I think he does a better job than most Physicians though" She says.

"So what would you prescribe for me?" I say jokingly.

"If you can walk, talk and joke around, I don't think you have any urgent need of any!" She says, raising her eyebrow at me.