Chapter 29

We then start walking back to the barracks when I notice Prince Sun Ying stop in front of me.

"Are you okay Prince Sun Ying?" I say and grab his arm to steady him.

"I was so scared," he says, wiping his brow.

"You did very well even I was shocked at how you ripped the painting and acted so domineering" I say, patting his back.

"Thank you, I didn't want you to think I wasn't capable" He says, seeming to gain strength.

"We have to still be on guard though. We don't know if there are any more tricks up their sleeves" I say and we make it back to the barracks.

"How did it go?" Rui-Chan says while running up to me and I explain the plan and he looks relieved to hear the news. We then go to discuss with General Xu and his men about how we are going to do the trade off and discuss what to do if they decide to attack. 

I don't say much as I don't have many thoughts on how military strategies work. I notice Prince Sun Ying studying and listening to everything the men are saying and I chuckle to myself. I never would have thought he could be so serious about some military matters.

"Were you laughing at me?" Prince Sun Ying says as the meeting has ended.

"Of course not, I was just thinking about how mature you have gotten in this short amount of time"

"Well I guess I have you to thank for that" he says.

"Do you think Changwei is really okay, they are not tricking us?" I say and suddenly start to feel worried.

"We have to hope they are not fooling us, I think they are very sincere when it comes to their Princess and they are even going to disobey her orders to save her" He says.

"You're right, I think the Princess is going to be so angry, but they seem to care more about her safety than her desire for revenge" I say and take a deep breath in.

"You should really rest for now as tomorrow will come soon" He says and pats my shoulder as he gets up to leave. I decide to lie down as I feel exhausted, yet I can't seem to rest and only could get a few hours of fitful sleep.

 I felt like I tossed and turned all night long and just decide to get up already. I meet Prince Sun Ying, General Xu and Princess Juli is brought over by a few guards that were tasked with watching her every move.

"Do you really think you are going to get your General back in one piece?" Juli says with venom dripping from her tongue.

"You are going home Princess, just be glad you are in one piece" I say back matching her tone and then I start walking ahead of her.

"Is everything ready to go?" I say to Prince Sun Ying and he nods his head so we start heading out as the sun is about to break. We walk in silence except for the protests from the Princess it doesn't take long and we start to see the Grasslands men walking towards us.

 I strain to see if Changwei is with them, but I can't differentiate between the men. We keep walking for a while until I see a man being pulled on a string and notice the familiar face and feel relieved as he looks to be in good condition.

"I see you have brought the Princess in one piece" The Grassland Advisor says and then pulls Changwei into our line of sight.

"We are going to do the trade, we will free the Princess and you will free the General, and they will then walk over to each side with no interference from anyone" Prince Sun Ying explains and they agree. Our men start untying the Princess and they start untying Changwei.

They are both released and start walking towards each other. It feels like they are walking so slowly as they have quite a bit of space to cross, they stare at each other as they pass and the Princess is saying something to him but we can't hear her. Changwei doesn't respond to her and keeps walking towards us until he recognizes us and starts calling out.