Chapter 28

"Imperial Father" Prince Sun Ying says and bows his head once we get into the inner sanctuary of the Emperor's residence.

" Prince Sun Ying, what is the occasion that you needed to see me so urgently?" The Emperor immediately asks and the Prince Sun Ying looks around at the Eunuchs and servants.

"Everyone is dismissed, my son wants to speak with me" The Emperor says and all the servants leave.

"Father, what is happening with General Song?" Prince Sun Ying asks.

"Here I thought my son wanted to come and visit because he missed me," the Emperor says, shaking his head.

"Of course I would want to visit you, but I am very concerned about the borders and I have The General's wife here with me" He says motioning me over.

"The General's wife?" He says staring at me and I immediately get on my knees and bow down.

"Please excuse my rude behavior, but I am sincerely concerned about my husband" I say.

"Please rise" The Emperor says and I raise my head.

"Things are complicated right now the court is calling for him to be made a traitor and there is no trace of the General, it seems like he disappeared. The Grassland people swear they never received the money and tributes" The Emperor says.

"We believe that this a ploy from the Grassland Princess that resides here, once she was let out of prison we believe she was able to communicate with the Grassland military. Since the plot to kill General Song had failed she has had to make a new plan" Prince Sun Ying says.

"Yes it was very strange that they requested the General and forced him to deliver the tribute" The Emperor says.

"The plan must be to make the court and the Emperor to be the one that kills the General. They don't want to start a war by killing the General, but if the Emperor becomes their sword then they can get what they want" I say.

"We think the Grassland King greatly values Princess Juli and is even willing to play with fire to kill General Song to make her happy. We believe that we can use her life as leverage in exchange for the General's life. We promise not to make any problems for them as long as they agree with this exchange" Prince Sun Ying says.

"Hmm, we don't know any of this for sure though, you are just assuming this to be true" The Emperor says.

"I am willing to gamble on this, the worst that could happen is they take back their princess? Please Father let us try and solve this problem" Prince Sun Ying says.

"Alright, but this will be a secret mission, you will go with some high rank military and take the Princess to the border in attempt to get the General back" The Emperor says and waves us off.

"Thank you Emperor" I say bowing my head and Prince Sun Ying also thanks him and he tugs my sleeve and I follow him out.

We meet up at day break and we head over to Princess Juli's residence where we see a maid coming out with some luggage and the men take it from her. Princess Ju-Li comes out of the house and I try to calm myself as I haven't seen her since the time we met her in jail.

"Oh now who do we have here?" Juli says with a smirk on her face.

"Princess you need to come with us to the Grassland now, the Emperor has decreed it" Prince Sun Ying says and the men with us come over stand on either side of her to escort her into the carriage.

"Well whatever could be the problem?" She says smiling at me, but I don't say anything back to her as it would be pointless to waste my breath and energy on her.