~Prologue~

1943, USA, Las Vegas

"And I win again!" You say as you place down your last card winning the game of poker.

You had been running your own casino business for 15 years and really made a name for yourself, being known as "the best gambler in Vegas" your dad had taught you all the best strategies of many casino games ever since you were young, when you were 17 you dad passed and without any parents or relatives, you moved to Las Vegas in America. You then created a casino called 'The Joker'and started to build it up how it is today. The Joker is 3 stories tall, with many casino games throughout it, the theme was red, white and black which decorated most of the things inside the building.

Y/n POV

I called it a night after I won my last game, telling one of my many employees to close up after I leave. As I left I felt a light pore on my face as I hastily get in my Cadillac series 62, turning on the engine to start driving home. I love the casino, but getting away from the blinding lights, loud noises of people screaming because they won something or shouting because they lost and to just get some quiet is much nicer. The light sound of raindrops hitting onto the windshield just feels so calming to me. I start to think about my cat, rocket who I'll need to feed when I get home then,

and all of a sudden

Without warning

A blinding light from a car ahead of me got closer and closer, quicker and quicker, until it coming straight towards my car and myself

BANG

Then there was nothing, pitch black.

then falling, very fast but also feeling like slow motion at the same time.

What the fuck is going on?

From heavy amounts of fear, but also peace at the same time, I close my eyes inevitably getting ready for the

Thud

Expecting to shatter a few bones or to be filled with great pain from falling for what it felt like hours, even tho it was only a few seconds, it was quite the opposite. After landing I felt fine, unharmed and what it felt like at peace. That was until I opened my eyes.

The sky... THE RED SKY?

From only opening my eyes a little bit to then now being fully wide at what I am seeing, I get up from the floor, dust myself off a little, then looking at my hands, they were (colour of your choice) instead of the usual s/c colour.

Am I high right now?

I ask myself while trying to get a better look at my body without a mirror. Did someone put something in my drink? Doesn't explain the long fall though. "what the fuck is happening!!" I shout out to myself. Wait.. I can't be...

Am I dead?

No.. no..! How could I be dead?! I must be dreaming or some shit. Finally standing up properly I walk out of the alleyway I fell into onto the street.

Looks like earth, but all red and sketchy

Am I in hell?

I'll just ask someone. I thought while walking over to a short gentlemen smoking a cigar.

"Excuse me sir, where the fuck are we?" I say to him "ha.. you just got here? We're in hell my dear"he says matter of factly "oh right" I say with slight panic in my tone shit shit SHIT I'm actually fucking dead "don't worry" he says trying to calm me down as he senses the fear in my voice "my names veneer, I'll help you, I know it can be tough once you get down here" "what's your name?" He then asks me "Y/n, Y/n L/n"