~Chapter 4~

Y/N POV

It's been 4 days since I first visited the Hazbin hotel, and in between those 4 days I've visited another 2 times, but I haven't slept round there since. Tomorrow however, there is an overlord meeting set up by Carmilla carmine and Alastor offered to accompany me there, so I suggested to stay a night at the hotel so we wouldn't have to meet up before going to the meeting. This will be the first overlord meeting that I won't be representing the Vee's for. Whenever there was a meeting, I would attend as a representative, but now I suspect that one of the other Vee's would be going, or none of them would be. I haven't spoken or seen any of the Vee's since I was kicked out, so I have no doubt it will be awkward.

For some odd reason, I'm looking forward to seeing Aastor again, the past 2 times I have gone to the Hazbin hotel, he's been the one I've spoken to the most, but we have yet to walk about what happened the roof top, which to be honest, I don't really want to talk about it anyway.

"Veneer I'm leaving you in charge again when I leave for the hotel' I trust you will take good care of the casino" I say while he walks closely behind me while I'm walking to the exit of the Joker. "Of course vegas" he says. "You don't need to call me that veneer, I'm entering a new phase of my afterlife so I'm leaving that name behind me" I say trying to look wisdom full even though I'm not in the slightest. "Very well y/n" he says while chuckling. 

I teleport in front of the hotel as I gently open the door, to which I'm greeted to angel and husk arguing about wine. "Red wine is so much better than white, how could you disagree with that?" Angel says to husk. "Yeah well I'm not prissy like you and I actually know a lot about booze" husk retaliates. "I can tell since you stand behind a bar all day" angel says while laughing at the poor cat. "Hey y/n, which is better, red or white wine?" Angel asks me trying to settle the debate. "Well I do enjoy a Chardonnay once in a while, so I'm going to have to go with white" I say while walking up the staircase to my room. "Exactly" husk says while chuckling.

It's pretty late in the day, so I was figuring to just have a shower and put on some pyjamas before I sleep, since I had dinner at the casino. I wave to Charlie who I see in the corridor and I unlock and enter my room as I get a towel out and pyjamas and walk into the en-suite bathroom. I turn on the hot water and step inside as I feel the soothing burning sensation go down my back. Many of my ex's in the living world always said I had my showers to scorching, but in my opinion it is just the right temperature. I get out the shower after shampooing and conditioning my hair, until I realise I left my towel on my bed, as I'm about to walk out to get it. I see a red figure standing outside the door sitting on my bed.  Luckily, the door was covering most my body and I fortunately shut it in time before he really saw me, but he definitely saw something or another. "Oh my gosh dear I'm so sorry! I thought you had a towel I didn't know I promise I wouldn't have been in here I thought you already changed and-"Alastor was rambling on before I cut him off. "It's fine Al, can you just get me my towel please" I ask him while I open the door back up a little and put my hand out to grab it. "Of course y/n" he says while giving me the towel. "I'll wait outside your room" he says while I hear him walk to the door. "No it's fine, just wait on my bed" I say while drying my body and putting my clothes on. "I might take a while Al since I need to do my hair" "it's fine my dear" he says

ALASTOR POV:

I do what y/n says and sit at the edge of her bed, admiring her room which I put together,  how could I be so utterly stupid? I heard the water running and I just thought she got already changed so I just walked in.

"I'm so sorry again Y/n I really didn't mean to walk in." I say apologising again. "Alastor   it's fine, don't worry about it I don't blame you" she says reassuring me. "Why did you come in here anyway?" She asks while looking at her self in the mirror I put up next to her bed. "I made this dessert for the first time in a while, and I need an opinion to know if it's good or not" I say justifying why I'm in her room in the first place.

Ever since I was a little child in the living word I've always liked cooking, my mother taught me many good recipes and she taught me this one a very long time ago, so this is the first time I've made it in a while. "It's beignets" I say. "Sounds good! Let's go!" She says while taking me by the hand and walking me to the kitchen where I made the desert.

Y/N POV:

I don't know where the sudden confidence came from, but I grabbed Alastor by the hand and led him to where I'm guessing he made the food. Judging by the smell.

"It is basically a square, fried piece of dough covered with powdered sugar" Alastor says while I take a bit out of it. "Holy shit this is so good!" I say while grabbing another off the plate. "I didn't know you were so good at cooking" I say with a mouth full of beignets. "Well i learnt from the best, my mother was a fabulous cook" he says. I'm guessing he had a close bond with his mother, which kind of makes me feel sorry for myself since I never got to properly meet my mother. "Beignets are popular food from where I'm from, but they originated in France" he says. "Where are you from?" I ask him. "New Orleans!" He says that proudly. "Ive always wanted to go there! It must have been great" I say feeling quite upset realising everywhere I haven't been in the living world, I'll never get to go to. I've been in hell for centuries, so I have no idea how I'm only thinking about this now. "It was" he answers.

We walk out of the kitchen and Alastor was holding the rest of the beignets that we didn't eat to see if anyone else wanted to try, but the only other person downstairs at the time was husk. "Husker!! Try one of these I made, I promise you they're good" Alastor says while we walk over to the bar and Alastor offering one to husk. "They better not be poisoned or some shit, I know the tricks you pull" he says while grabbing one. "I assure you husker that they are all fine,  if they weren't I certainly wouldn't offer y/n any" he says while laughing.

Husk ignores alastor and takes a bite of the beignets. "You two want a drink or what?" Husk asks. "I'll take a Chardonnay" I say giggling recalling our last conversation. "And you?" Husk asks while tooling over to Alastor. Alastor requests a bottle of rye to which he only gets a glass. Husk pours himself a drink and the 3 of you carry on the conversation.

After a few minutes the topic of death springs up. "So.. how'd you die y/n?" Alastor asks me. "Car crash" I say bluntly I've told so many people by now it doesn't really phase me. "How about you?" I ask. "Well... I was burying a body of one of my victims in a forest, and was shot in my in the back of my head by a deer hunter, hence why I look like one now" he says. Thats so much cooler than to how I died, mine is so boring. "And you, husk?" I ask. "Alcohol overdose" he also says bluntly. "Could never have guessed!" Alastor laughs. After finishing my drink I stand up a depart from my Chair. "We best be getting to bed now Alastor, we have that meeting tomorrow" I say. "Oh yes! Good night to you husker!" Alastor taunts and is greeted with a middle finger as a response.

I walk up the winding step case and along till I reach my door, I say goodnight to Alastor whose room is across from mine. I close the door upon entering and flop into my bed.