Early morning problems

3 hours had passed, CatNap was shaking more then a tornado. It was so cold, but better than being killed by the thing that took your family. He had never prayed before, he wasn't religious in any way. He looked up and started begging to the god he didn't believe in, of course he could only meow, would he understand?

CatNap "Mro-" he was cut off by talking and yelling

CatNap jumped up and started banging on the door, screaming as loud as he could. He heard Crafty yell something.

Crafty "Catnap!? CatNap are you in there!?"

CatNap "Mroooow..."

Crafty started yelling for help, the door opened. CatNap stumbled out, looking around. It was only Crafty, Kicken' and Hoppy. CatNap looked around for the others.

Kicken' "Everyone got picked up... DogDay didn't wanna see your dead body..."

Crafty "Thankfully you aren't a dead body..." Her soft voice wasn't doing much to calm him

Hoppy pulled her phone out, pressed a few buttons and handed the phone to CatNap.

CatNap"Mrow.?"

DogDay started talking on the other end, complaining about something.

DogDay"Hoppy I said I didn't wanna talk to any-"

CatNap"Mrow..."

DogDay"CATNAP!"

CatNap pulled the phone away from his ear,  Dogday screaming with happiness. Hoppy took the phone back to calm him he down.

Crafty "Maybe we should get you home?" She said taking Catnaps frosty paws

Crafty pulled back, took her coat off and wrapped it around CatNap. CatNap sighed, he's had a long day. Hoppy took them home in her sports car, she pulled into CatNap's driveway.

Hoppy "If you have a car why do you walk?"

CatNap looked at the black truck, shaking his head. He got out and walked in, waving Hoppy Goodbye. He opened his door.

Someone grabbed CatNap from behind, CatNap panicked, he lifted his legs, making the person behind him fall, he wrapped his tail around the person's torso and body slammed them. CatNap's ears dropped...

CatNap "Meeew.."

DogDay just groaned. CatNap hugged him. DogDay saw the burn on Catnap's tail, he picked CatNap up, brought him to the bathroom and sat him on the edge of the bath tub. DogDay put burn cream on it and wrapped it in bandages.

DogDay "You okay..?"

CatNap "Maw..."

DogDay hugged CatNap, tail wagging. CatNap hid his face, blushing. Dogday's stomach growled and Catnap ran into the kitchen, he started throwing what looked like random shit in bowls and cooking them. DogDay watched in confusion.

•--30 Minutes Later --•

CatNap pulled out the muffins, cut the top off and filled them with something, put them together, and frosted them. He gave one to Dogday.

DogDay "What's this?" He said taking a bite

DogDay gasped. It was a lava cake but sweet, savory and spicy. It was perfect. DogDay ate the whole thing in two bites. CatNap yawned. DogDay picked him up and brought him to his room. DogDay laid CatNap down, turned the light off and started closing the door.

CatNap "Meeew..."

DogDay "What's wrong?" He said as he turned on the lamp

CatNap calmed down a bit.

DogDay "Are you scared of the dark?" He asked playfully

CatNap "Mrow..."

DogDay laid down with CatNap and texted his mom that he was staying at a friend's house. CatNap cuddled up to him, Dogday pet his head. CatNap started to purr and Dogday stopped breathing for a second. Now it hasn't been years but a while since he heard CatNap purr. CatNap fell asleep against Dogday's arm. DogDay laid awake, feeling Catnap's purr vibrating through his chest. CatNap's content sounds makes Dogday's tail dance happily, thumping against the bed.

•--Morning--•

DogDay woke up and stretched, CatNap wasn't with him, he left the room and saw the bathroom light was on. DogDay knocked and Catnap yelped from inside.

DogDay "Are you okay?"

CatNap started running the water. DogDay opened the door.

DogDay "Cat- OH MY GOD!! Are you okay!?" He grabs CatNap's hands

CatNap had fresh cuts over scars all over his wrists. DogDay looked out at Catnap, a pleading look in his eyes.

DogDay "Why....?" Was all he could muster up

CatNap pulled away, put antibiotics and bandages over his wrists and went to the kitchen. His house phone rang and he picked it up.

Principal "Hey, yeah is this CatNap?"

CatNap "Mrow"

Principal "You're suspended"

CatNap stood silent before hanging up. DogDay gave him a look and Catnap shook his head.

DogDay "No what?"

CatNap "Mrrrr..."

DogDay "I am skipping school"

CatNap "Hiss!"

DogDay "You can't make me"

•--20 minutes later--•

CatNap parked the car and waited for Dogday to get out. DogDay grabbed his face and kissed him before leaving.

DogDay "Bye, sugar" he said playfully

CatNap got out, slammed the door and locked the car. CatNap grabbed his backpack from the back and followed DogDay, meowing a different series of sounds. DogDay sat in class, CatNap sat with him.

M. Teacher "DogDay, you're- ..... CatNap!?" She was shocked

DogDay put his hand in his hand.

DogDay"You're Early~"

CatNap looked at the time, confused. He looked back, shocked. He looked at Dogday.

Hoppy "Hey how'd you get him out so early?"

DogDay and Catnap jumped in unison at the scare. DogDay grinned and grabbed CatNap's face. CatNap slapped at him, digging his claws into his face. DogDay held his hands down and hugged the cat as he hissed and growled. Hoppy laughed as the two fought. DogDay trying to push his face closer to CatNap's. CatNap pushed his face away, claws out. Dogday's tail wagged and CatNap's tail flicked on anger and annoyance. Kicken' walked in, blinked twice and shoved Dogday.

DogDay "Ahhh!" He laughed

DogDay landed against the wall with CatNap sandwiched in between. CatNap's face was getting hotter by the second. By now all their friends were there. Picky Snickered, Bobby giggled, Crafty took a picture, Bubba stared, Kicken' and Hoppy laughed. The math teacher watched, wondering how such an odd group of people got along so well. DogDay went to kiss Catnap but he pushed the dogs faces away.

CatNap "Mrow!"

Bubba "You guys are all problematic. It's too early for this." He stated plainly