Not Possible

DogDay had spiraled into depression, he'd taken Lily in as he own but not even she could help. He wasn't ready. He couldn't decide what to do... Cremation? No, he didn't want Catnap to go out with fire like his parents. Bury him? No, he's scared of the dark. DogDay finally had enough and texted Hoppy to come pick Lily up before grabbing a rope and a chair. He tied the rope to the ceiling and stood on the chair. Right before he could jump he heard his door open.

Mrs. Day "Bring that chair neck dinner is- DOGDAY!"

DogDay got down and sat on his bed, already expecting a lecture. But it never came.

Mrs. Day "It's not what he would want..." She stated before walking back to the kitchen

Dogday's eyes pricked with tears. He went into the kitchen and sat down. Half way through eating his dad spoke up.

Mr. Day "Ya' know... If he's that important I can buy him a generator and we can give him a little night light so he isn't in the dark."

DogDay just nodded. He couldn't bare to even think about the word Cat or Nap. He set up a funeral and called to set up lunch with the others for tomorrow. After he went back to his room he got the chair out and changed up the rope a bit. He sat in it like a swing and just sat there.

•--Lunch the next day--•

DogDay was talking about the funeral and the others listened.

Picky "I hope he comes back before the funeral..."

Bubba "That's impossible Picky..."

Crafty "But what if it isn't..?"

Bobby "What if he's just taking a deep nap..?"

Bubba "That's not -"

Kicken' "That would be cool.."

DogDay "It would... Wouldn't it....."

Hoppy "So next week on Saturday?"

DogDay nodded and went home. He flopped onto his bed. Dogday's mind started racing. How could this happen? Why Did CatNap have to die? Why couldn't it have Been Kicken'? Why did he go after Kicken'? Where would DogDay never met CatNap? Would he be so hurt? Would he be dead? What if DogDay stopped him? What if they didn't go camping? What if they never had a sleep over? What if DogDay had stopped Hoppy's dad? What if-

Mr. Day "DogDay?"

DogDay "Mh....?" He whined and turned

Mr. Day sat down.

Mr. Day "I know how you feel..."

DogDay "No you-"

Mr. Day "I lost my brother.. he insisted on getting the ball that we lost on the other side of the train tracks.. he ran even though the train was coming... I remember my mom running out after I screamed... I was covered in the blood... I still don't think I've fully recovered..." He smiled "Your mother still has to help me put bandaids on when I scrape my knee.. I faint if I see my own blood. You should've seen me when your mother taught me about periods... I didn't even make it without fainting when she showed me how the tampons worked"

DogDay couldn't help but smile. He knew his dad had a weak stomach with blood. DogDay hugged his dad and he hugged back.

Mr. Day "I was in your mom in the delivery room. I swore I could take it... I passed out the second they saw your feet"

DogDay laughed. Mr. Day convinced DogDay to make cookies with him. DogDay jumped up and ran to the kitchen, Mr. Day followed.

•--Few Days Later--•

DogDay was sitting in his room, staring at a picture of him and Catnap. DogDay scrolled to the left to a video Hoppy sent him from when they were little.

CatNap looked over at Hoppy, showing his teeth and shaking his head. CatNap realized she was recording and walked over

CatNap "Hey!" He ran over

Hoppy started running with her phone still recording.

Hoppy "Ahhh!"

CatNap "Delete that!" He growled

DogDay smiled and kept scrolling through old photos and videos. He looked at the time and went to bed.

•--Morning--•

DogDay woke up and looked at the calendar. It was the day of CatNap's funeral. He went to eat breakfast and got ready.

•--Later--•

Everyone was about to say words or whatever. They said the order we'd go up in. Bobby was first, then Bubba, Kicken', Hoppy, Picky, Crafty and Dogday. After a while they started calling names. Bobby was nervous, but she walked up.

Bobby "C- Catnap was like a brother to me... And I really don't know how long it'll take me to get over this... But I'll get through it for him.." she said before walking back

Bubba walked up and said a bunch of smart shit. Kicken' went up and explained how he tried his best to keep them both alive, and how he would always remember him. Hoppy went up and said a few things before getting down. Picky went up and started saying some things too. Crafty walked up and went quiet, everyone went quiet. Crafty was always shy and had bad stage fright.

Crafty "CatNap was always a great friend... He would be my friend when no one else would... I still believe I never would've met the rest of my friends if I hadn't met him... And for that I'll always be grateful..." She said before rushing back.

DogDay gave her a pat on the back.

Hoppy "Ya did good, girly pop"

DogDay walked up and started talking. Everyone listened closely. Crafty teared up. Mr. And Mrs. Day were cuddled up, listening to their son. DogDay stopped and walked down before he started crying. He barely made it. They started to lower the coffin and Dogday was trying his best to keep himself under control. As they started burying to body there was a thump. Everyone stopped. Something in the hole was shifting. Everyone looked down.

Bubba "What the fuck?"

Everyone watched and listened as more thumps came close after. Everyone started looking at each other and for cameras or something. Another thump came as the coffin shook.

DogDay "Hello?"

"Mrooow..."