chapter 1: CHANGE(insane)

I walk down the stairs slowly making sure no one sees me. After whatever happened yesterday, I tried not to meet anyone's eyes. But as always my luck never supports me.

"Zuri, come have breakfast with us" said a firm voice which had nothing but elegance in a very odd way. I found my mom and dad on the dining table waiting for me to have my breakfast. I walk down slowly clinching my feet to the ground so that they won't hear any sound.

I sat on the chair which was opposite dad. My dad was sitting at the end of the table while I was at the first part of it.

"You're only 12, and I clearly know that I shouldn't talk about business at this age but you see..." Dad paused to sip water from his glass and then started

"...You have to grow faster and forget your childhood" my heart dropped. I don't know why I even expect him to say something to me that'll make me happy. Like he could have said live your life, don't worry and I'm sorry and many more but he chose this.

I saw the food on my plate, chicken breast with a kind of sauce on it decorated with a coriander leaf which covered the whole plate. It looks too beautiful to be eaten by these monsters.

"Say something dear. You must be happy to hear this. Your dad and I discussed a lot about it and then decided to hand you this company. The merïch is very successful in its business, it won't cause you any trouble so you better learn how to handle this company." Mom said this with a smile to me as I nodded to her answer.

I took one bite of the food. Anger is taking over me but I cannot show it. "Cover them." He ordered as I took the jacket and covered myself with it.

"I think...I must go now" gathering up my courage I said.

"But you haven't finished your breakfast" said mom

"We have a practical today so I must go early or else it won't end well...for me"

"Okay then, you may go now"

I got up from my chair and went as soon as possible. I sat inside the car and went to school.

*At school*

I walked to the entrance looking down remembering all the abuses that I've felt since last night.

"Yoo zuu..ssup gurl??"

My friend lily tried to cheer me up but i ignored her and looked down. She doesn't know what i have to go through everyday, nobody knows. Everyone in this school thinks of me as I'm the daughter of the most successful man in our country along with the 2nd richest man in the whole world. I really don't care.

"What gurl??!! You're ignoring me?? C'mon what happened? Tell me already. Did you got a nice slap from your dad??" I stopped there and looked at her

"How did you-"

"Ay!!! So you really got it. It's alright we all do. And it's not a big deal unless it's abusive. But I'm sure it's not the same care for you"

I smile forcefully. No one in this school will understand what i have to go through everyday and i don't when will this all end.

We both walk into the classroom and sit at our places. I looked outside of the window and recalled everything. I try my best not to flow any tear from my eyes, I hate crying.

"Goodmorning class, let's open our maths book 5th chapter page no...."

*Lunch*

I took the food on the plate. A big cup of rice, chicken stew, scrambled egg, pickle, salad, beans and potato fry and for dessert I got a chocolate Dutch cake. I came to my seat and started eating them all. They're made with simple ingredients, nothing so special but still it tastes better than those fancy dishes. I could eat this forever.

" Girl get happy and smile forget everything" Said lily after sitting beside me. Can I ever forget them?
Some how i forced a smile and started eating. I don't want anyone to know about what is happening with me because I'm afraid they'll get in danger because of me.

After a tiring day in school, yet the best place for me to visit. I realised that I came to school just to escape my house. And it's better than that.

Me and Lily part our ways. Her parents came to pick her up today while some children went by foot. And there was my driver standing in front of the school gate waiting for me. I sigh.

*Weeping sounds*

I looked around and saw a boy crying his heart off. As if he just lost something precious in his life. I went towards him to discuss. But suddenly he stood up with a smile in this face and I was able to see his smile in the mirror in front. My eyes widened.

I got to know that he was laughing and not crying. I went closer and closer and got to see blood dropping from his left hands. I'm not too surprised about hay because I see them everyday. But what surprised me is that he killed a rabbit who happened to be his own pet. I got to know after I saw the badge on its neck.

Instead of stopping him, it made me want to watch more. He dropped his weapon which was a piece of glass and I saw that the rabbit was actually breathing. To kill him successfully, he threw it to the wall and it died. It was terrifying but that incident was really something.

It changed me to a new me...