˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 5

seungkwan felt his eyes flutter as he stared back at wonwoo. his mouth was agape as he tried to wrap his head around what the older boy just said.

mingyu. he's dating mingyu. mingyu and him are dating. they're dating. wonwoo and mingyu. mingyu and wonwoo.

he looks so happy.

seungkwan felt his jaw quiver slightly as he clamped his mouth shut. he nodded in understanding, forcing a smile on his face as he said, "y-you are?"

wonwoo nodded excitedly, swinging his hands with seungkwan's as joy overtook his body.

the older boy shook his head as if he couldn't believe it himself. "i-i know! i don't know how it happened! i just..." wonwoo paused, leading the two of them to sit down on the bed.

seungkwan put some space between them, trying his hardest to give wonwoo his undivided attention. it was hard. there were so many things happening, so much new information to digest.

seungkwan swallowed down the lump in his throat, smiling warmly as he asked, "so, how exactly did this happen?"

"oh, i visited him after his shift was over. i literally ran over there."

seungkwan's breath hitched, looking down at his feet as he let out a breath. "hyung, it was raining last night." he mumbled in disbelief.

"i know! it's so cliché, i know. i'm so lucky that i didn't get sick, right?" wonwoo chuckled, bumping shoulders with the younger boy.

seungkwan let out a chuckle, his eyes roaming around the room as he tried to wrap his head around his thoughts.

how on earth did this happen? after what happened yesterday?

"– and i know you're probably worried that things will be weird between the three of us, but i promise–"

"hyung, i have to tell you something." seungkwan said, avoiding the older boy's gaze as he focused on the cabinet in front of him.

wonwoo paused, smiling as he reached over and squeezed seungkwan's hand gently. "what is it, kwan-ah?"

seungkwan froze. what was he supposed to say? mingyu kissed me yesterday? he confessed to me literally yesterday, and i rejected him? i'm in love with you, please don't be with him?

no, seungkwan couldn't say those things. how could he, in good conscious, say these things to wonwoo? he was so happy. he looked like he waited so long for this to happen. how could he dump his own stupid feelings onto the older boy?

seungkwan just had to accept that he lost his chance. there was no use in denying it. there was no hope for the two of them. seungkwan knew there was nothing left for him to do.

seungkwan gulped quietly, looking up at wonwoo as he whispered, "i was thinking of baking cookies tomorrow. do you want to join me?"

wonwoo looked at the boy, an amused smile on his lips as he said, "ha, judging by your tone, i thought it was something serious.

seungkwan forced out a laugh, shoving the boy in the shoulder as he said, "ha ha, just me being dramatic as always."

wonwoo laughed as well, caressing seungkwan's hair as he said softly, "and i love that about you."

seungkwan could do nothing but sigh. "thanks." he squeezed out, his lips pressed into a tight line.

they sat there for a few moments before wonwoo pulled out his phone. "i'll text mingyu."

seungkwan felt his eyes widen, feeling his eyes trail after the older boy as he watched him stand up. "what?" the young boy asked, hoping to not sound as panicked as he felt. anyone that was paying attention would've detected the way seungkwan's voice easily went up two octaves. but, wonwoo wasn't paying attention. he was too busy texting mingyu.