˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 24

seungkwan wished he had met with mingyu under different circumstances. he hadn't seen the older boy in nearly two weeks, and he didn't realize how much he missed mingyu until he saw his, admittedly short, replies in the group chat between the thirteen of them. any time the older boy sent a message in the chat in the past week, seungkwan made sure to respond enthusiastically and quickly, quicker than the rest of their friends.

seungkwan thought he was being too transparent. he had to be, considering soonyoung caught on to mostly everything without anyone telling him anything. he could mark it off as the older boy knowing him best, but sometimes seungkwan worried that the rest of their friends would catch on, and then everything would be super awkward.

so when the thirteen friends met up the morning they planned to go to the amusement park together, seungkwan couldn't contain his excitement when he saw mingyu. he also couldn't contain himself when he ran over to mingyu and launched himself into the older boy's arms. mingyu clumsily caught the younger boy, a light chuckle escaping as seungkwan let out a tiny shriek in his ear.

again, seungkwan wished he had met with mingyu under different circumstances. maybe because he knew he would embarrass himself. but in that moment, looking down at mingyu, he didn't really care anymore. 

the rest of the group just stood back and watched the duo with looks of amusement, though they were a bit confused as well. but, out of the eleven boys who were watching, two of them looked conflicted as they watched seungkwan lean back and cup mingyu's face gently. soonyoung had to bite back a groan in his annoyance, and wonwoo had to force himself to look away from the duo who were speaking gently to each other.

seungkwan's face fell slightly as he really took in the state of mingyu's sleepy eyes. he frowned softly to himself, running his thumbs over the bags under mingyu's eyes. "hyung, you look really tired..." the younger boy trailed off, glancing around mingyu's face in worry.

mingyu just let out a strangled laugh, gently setting the younger boy on the ground. the older boy didn't say anything as he looked down at seungkwan, though with just one look into mingyu's eyes, the younger boy could tell the older boy was at peace. seungkwan smiled softly to himself as he grabbed mingyu's arm and led the two of them to the rest of the group.

in the meantime, the group talked among themselves as they waited for seungkwan and mingyu to finish their reunion. soonyoung occasionally glanced at wonwoo and felt himself frown as he watched wonwoo watch mingyu and seungkwan. soonyoung walked over and wrapped an arm around wonwoo's shoulders, his friend giving him a look of confusion but ultimately smiling thankfully as soonyoung turned him around to join the group's conversation.

seungkwan grinned as he pushed himself between jeonghan and minghao, letting go of mingyu's arm as the older boy walked away and settled between soonyoung and vernon. the group made quick work into splitting up into teams. one team for getting on the rides, and the other team for walking around and exploring the other attractions. they were also known as the holding-everyone's-bags team, but the aforementioned team didn't like the name.

wonwoo glanced between mingyu and seungkwan with a blank look on his face. even the older boy didn't know how he was feeling. and he knew the two younger boys weren't standing near each other, but he could see them glance at each other every so often and exchange cute smiles. he felt his stomach turn at the sight.

when the group decided to finally split off, he unhooked his bag from his shoulder and shoved it into soonyoung's arms. the boy let out a huff in surprise as he held wonwoo's bag, shooting his friend a look of confusion as he said, "hey, i thought you weren't getting on the rides."