chp-15

Ishan's pov
April 23
Morning time

I have distanced myself from everyone. Most of my teammates do not even want to see my face . I guess it's for the good . They won't be in danger . Shubie and I are talking very little. Most of the time I am with Vatsal. Well Hardik Bhai and Mayank try their level best to keep him away from me but eventually they fail.

Most of the time I have dinner and breakfast alone in my room . In the practice time also usually Vatsal sits beside me and Mayank , Hardik bhai and I practice together cause no one else wants to be with me .

What I feel is Rohit Bhai's behaviour getting stranger . I know him well . I was his favourite kid . Rohit Bhai he looks at me with a gaze which is filled with worry and suspicion. Whenever anyone has a fight with me he is the first one to defend me . But more than I avoid him I feel that he does .

Now all of a sudden he has called for an urgent meeting. We were supposed to leave our hotel to go to the next destination but a meeting is called for some reason . Everyone with their luggage and all belongings are called.
I am curious to find out what it is about?

These days I have stopped smiling. It feels like the jolly and bubbly person in me has died. After I met Shubie most of my smiles used to be real and not fake or forced . But now not even a fake or forced smile comes out . What I need right now is a few days away from all the chaos , Vatsal and all the overthinking.

Author's pov

In the meeting room

Everyone came there and sat in there places .

Hardik
Every MI player submit your phones right now . At this instant . ( Every MI player gives their phone )
We have had 8 matches till now and we lost a match against GT , CSK , PBKS and RR . We anyhow need to win the next 6 matches to qualify. We have our next match on 27th April

Rohit
Yours phone won't be given back to you before 27th April
I need to say this to all the managers and staff members . Till 27th April you guys have a holiday. Do not try to contact any of us .
All the players are going on a holiday with us without any electronics .
We have already talked to your families so now the phone is with us and no-one will be able to use it before 27th April.
So all the managers and staff can leave now .

( Everyone's manager and all the staff members present there looked at each other weirdly sharing some glances )

Hardik
It's not a joke.
( Every member except the players of MI leaves the room )

Rohit
Take your phone and call your families on speaker. We will then take your phones back .
( Everyone calls there family and everything goes smoothly)

Hardik
Ishu inform your family.

Ishan
No need . We are not in talking terms. I will just call Shubman and inform him once.

On call speaker
Shubman- Heyyyyyy Ishuuuuuuuu
Ishan- listen MI is going on a holiday so I won't have a phone with me for 4 to 5 days . So do not get worried about me and take care of yourself. Eat properly and all the best for the match.
Shubman- ohhhhhhh I will miss you a lottttt a lottttt a lotttttt lotttttt .
Ishan- the phone is on speaker. Everyone is hearing you .
Shubman- oh hiiii guys . I am grateful because of you guys Ishu called me orelse I am the only one to initiate a conversation. And you Mayank he is my best friend. Tilak you like someone else do not look at him--
Tilak- As if I want to . He is now the last person on earth I will be with.
Shubman- then you have bad choice. And you Vatsal stop clinging onto him.
Ishan- he is not going with us . Only the players are going.
Shubman- then I would say thank you Rohit Bhai and Hardik Bhai for making such a good decision.
Ishan- bye bye eat properly sleep properly and win the match .
Shubman- I will miss you .
( The line ends)