No School Today?

South Rochester, New York

Rebecca was glad to know that there was no school today. This would be her day to go to the movies with her friends, Jenny and Amy. She ate a hearty breakfast that her mother cooked. French toast, with crispy bacon and scrambled eggs with melted cheese blended in satisfied her stomach.

It feels good to have time off from school today!" Rebecca exclaimed.

"That's great, but I have something to tell you!" Her mother said.

"What?" Rebecca asked.

"This whole no school thing, it was an April Fool's joke!" Her mother bursted out laughing. A sour expression grew on Rebecca's face.

"I better put my uniform on then," sighed Rebecca. She went upstairs to change into her school uniform. She put on her black knee socks, and brown moccasins.

"Here's your lunch money, sweetie!"

"Don't ever do that again!" Rebecca snapped.

"I'm sorry babe," said her mother. "Have a good day at school."

"Yeah, see ya." Rebecca left her house and walked towards the bus stop. She totally forgot it was April Fool's Day. She never felt so stupid in her life.

This story was written on Monday, April 1st, 2024. (April Fool's Day)

A/N Rebecca thought there was no school today, but she didn't know it was April Fool's Day! What an idiot! 😅😅😅😅 Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.