CHAPTER-3🥂

Nicholas's pov

The day went just fine and here I was in my usual spot by the bleachers trying to have lunch. I hate eating with other kids as this is the only time me and Amy sit together in school and talk, but today I don't think she's gonna be here.

Should I apologise now? Does it really matter when she already has friends?

I really hope she shows up here.
I can't believe something so silly can be the reason I'll never talk to her again .
Just as my thoughts were going negative I see her.

Amelia , walking towards me with her lunch clutched in her hands, hair sticking out of her pigtails and I see she's gotten braces as she SMILES at me.
Why is she smiling at me? Isn't she supposed to be pissed ..? Did she forgive me already?

I smile back and say " Hey Amelia" somehow now addressing her as Amy felt awkward.

" Amelia? What happened to me being your Amy? Did I do something? Last I checked I had to be pissed at you Nicholas."
She lets out a bit annoyed now.

" Ughh I am sorry for what happened before the break. I don't know how to explain it to you Ameli-..oh I mean Amy." I say scratching the back of my neck  , a habit that comes out in front of her only.

" Its fine. I was really angry till this morning but now I realised that we're only friends and its okay for you to ditch me for other friends and family. You can't always just be by my side or inform me of every single thing going on with you. I am sorry too for being harsh if I was. " She says the last part referring to the sudden hang up of the phone call.

" No no no its not your fault Amy . We're best friends.. we're supposed to share each and every thing. I am really sorry it slipped my mind about the trip you know. I wish I could make you understand. " I say

" Lets get past this now. I forgive you for not telling me and you forgive me for my behaviour. We're good " she says and sits down beside me opening her lunch.

" Okay. Also... you'll always be my Amy . " I say and she smiles....ohh she's beautiful.

" I saw your new friends by the way today morning " I speak up

" Yeah.. one of them is Amanda from kindergarten and the other one is Rachel her best friend. They just got transferred here from the other side of the town! . ......."
And she goes on telling me how the girls met.

" So are they like your best friends now? " I ask getting my insecurity in the way 

" Nick! You're my best friend okay, but that doesn't mean I can't have other people. We all can be friends together. You too have Patrick and Jake but I never interfere even I have tried to be friends with them but you never let me . " She says
And now I really get her point about this.
She just needs to be like normal kids also I can't always keep her to myself.

" I am sorry about that. I just hate sharing you Amy " I say

" No one's gonna have me the way you do Nick " she says wrapping arms around me
Its her way of showing affection. She likes to hug me as she says I am comfy. I hug her back and we go on talking about our summers .

AMANDA'S POV

Kids in this school were different than what I had been experiencing. Here people weren't really ready to be friends. I met Amelia in kindergarten and if it wasn't for her me and Rachel would have been the only two being friends here .

I remember Amelia not because she argued with her best friend but because even as a kid I saw how pretty that boy was. His eyes were what got me. The chocolate brown ... even as a kid I could admit I had a crush. Over the years I thought I would forget him and probably will never cross paths but here we are.

Amelia never mentioned him though. I wonder if they're still friends. I hope not because I really want to be his only female friend. He might like me as well then we can be together when we're older.

With him on my mind I met Rachel in the hallway
" Hey Rachy poo " I say
" Please stop with that nickname..... I am your best friend but we're grown ups now stop embarrassing me " she says irritated.

I laugh

" Where's Lia? Isn't this her lunch hour too .? " I ask as we walk

" You don't really know the girl Manda and you're going on nickname basis !!!
Thats bit too fast. Also honestly she didn't really seem interested in being friends . " Rachel lets out her tone a bit annoyed .

" Oh c'mon we can't just be by ourselves. Plus she seemed happy with us. Please lets give this a shot and if by the end of the week you still have the same feeling we're ditching her till graduation I promise. "
I attempt to convince her. I know she'll agree . She has always been the one to agree with me no matter what.

" Fine but I am not really gonna be making efforts untill she does" Rachel says

" Agreed bestie" I say as I see a boy with blue eyes leaned against a pillar with one of his friend I think. He looks beautiful. And if you didn't notice I do have thing for eye colours.

I stare at him in awe . He's pretty not more than Lia's best friend but he is pretty.
I think to myself as I pass him by...he looks up to me ...his eyes lighting up .
I give him a soft smile. He waves and his friend turns his head in our direction.

" Hey girls...new here I suppose? " The other boy yells and makes us stop and turn towards them. They approach us.
" Wanna have lunch together? We can be friends if you want. " He says again

Me and Rachel discuss it through our eyes. Rachel lets out a hand towards him for a handshake.
" Rachel " she says
" Chase" he replies shaking hands.

The blue eyed boy is looking at me all through the exchange we we're having.
I debate in my mind if I should introduce myself to him or just let it be.

" Asher Romano " he says with a nod in mine and Rachel's direction.
" This is my friend Amanda . Now now lets get to lunch I am starving." Rachel says grabbing my hand and we all make our way to wherever they have lunch here.

On our way I look outside towards the bleachers... Amelia is hugging a boy . Is that her boyfriend? Aren't we too young for that?
He hugs her back thats when I see it. Those eyes
He's the boy , her best friend in kindergarten, little Amanda's crush is hugging her. I feel something in my chest but I let it go.

I see Rachel giving me sad eyes letting me know she saw and understood that.
I love her for that. She gets me without even saying things.

I don't want to ruin my friendship with Amelia. I know its not her fault. I can't help but feel slightly angry at her but then I look at Asher and chase laughing at something and I realise they're my friends and I should just enjoy this instead of acting on some stupid childhood crush.

" I see you fancy Nicholas " Asher says pulling me out of my thoughts.

" I suggest you back off , for your own good . He has been into Amelia ever since he laid his eyes on her. He won't even let us be friends with her. " Chase tells me

" Isn't that a bit too much? The girl is practically alone and friendless because of him" Rachel says annoyed. I agree . He's no one to control her. She is her own person. She can make her decisions.

" Good thing she's my friend then. Lets get her into the social circle then... " I say and they all chuckel

" Good luck with that " Asher says as we sit on the grass having lunch and conversations..

Author's note

This is the first story I am writing.
Please give it a read. Criticism is appreciated in the comments but don't put any spoilers.
Bye  ♥️