CHAPTER-7🥂

Nicholas's pov

During class when Amanda approaches him.

Last night was terrible. My mom and my grandparents never got along as my father married her for love. My grandmother always wanted someone of her choice to be married to my dad.

So obviously she didn't take my mom into the family willingly and so till this day .... they don't get along.
I can see my grandfather trying but it's true that my mom isn't trying enough either.

I love my grandparents but only because of these problems we don't visit them often. I was so happy to be here for the break that I even ditched all my peers .

As usual the bickering and stupid arguments went on but a week before we were supposed to return the whole thing just turned south.

My mom and grandma started arguing a lot more than usual. On silly things they would call each other names and what not... suddenly the whole thing turned into a storm and before even I could process the whole thing me and my parents were boarding  the plane to fly back.

I swear I was about to cry because now I might not see my grandparents for a year or two.

I just wanted Amy at this point. She's the only one who gets me and I can't be more thankful to god for letting her be my best friend all through the years even when I piss her off the most.

Its no secret to me or anyone at school that I love her . She's amazing. I can't imagine anyone who could hate her . She has a heart of gold truly.

Only thinking about her makes my sour mood slightly better. *Emphasis on the word slightly here*

As I am thinking about all the drama and Amy... I hear one of my friends say

" Hey Nicky boy" I recognise it to be Manda.
She's nice and cool. I don't have anything against her but I can't stand her  right now.

( And the conversation goes on. From here I am continuing after he meets Amelia in the hallway)

Amy asks me about what happened. I love her for the fact that she always knows whenever something happens to me . She's just as protective of me as I am to her.
This makes me think she loves me but I know I am not that lucky.

" Tell me Nick what's wrong? I am worried here. " She says again pulling me out of my thoughts.

" Family drama Amelia. " I let out a sigh

" Poor you Nick. What happened? Wanna talk about it? "  Amy asks with her voice laced in concern.

" My grandmother is still not over the fact that my dad married for love and without her choice. She called my mother a slut for opening her legs for money you know. " I say disgusted by my grandmother's choice of words.

" Ohh damn! Those are some harsh things for a woman to say to another. I can't believe it Nick. " She says rubbing my arm. A habit of her's to calm me down.

" My mom isn't any better you know that Amy. She was just as cruel to her. "

" Sometimes I can't believe those two women I sweetest to me whenever I have met them seperately. They act so differently with eachother like they are not the same person" 
I say and Amy agrees.

" How about you try to ignore this? You always tell me to ignore whatever bullshit my parents argue about so you now take your own advice Nick. " She says

" I am trying Amy. I just hate the fact that my family has a rift between us " I say running a hand through my already messy hair.

" Look...you try to attend school as calmly as possible and then go home and rest . You're sleep deprived and tensed ...thats never a good combination Nick " Amelia says as she makes my hair look presentable. I like it whenever she acts like she owns me.

To everyone it may seem so romantic but I know its far from it. She likes taking care of me that's it. I love her for it.

" As you say but just gimme a hug and we'll get to class " I say not waiting for her response and hugging her tight she obviously returns the gesture.

But what she does next is what surprises me... she puts her hands on my shoulders and lifts herself towards my cheek and BOOM! a kiss on the cheek is what I get.

Damn if being sad around gets me this and I am all in for being a sad lost puppy forever.
Maybe I do have a chance this year. I think and my heart does a summer sault.

Amelia's pov

I kissed him on the cheek. So what it doesn't really matter right? We've been best friends and that was really normal then why was my heart beating so fast?

What the fuck ? I kissed my best friend,.
Would this be awkward now?
OMG where's Amanda when you need her?
She was here right now I swear.
Damn that bitch left me alone.

I don't have time to process this as I have a class to get to.

" Uhghh I hope you don't mind that Nick. I have to get to class . Umm byee I'll see around the lunch I guess. " I say nervous and make a run for my class only to be pulled back into Nick.

" What…? " I say

He gives me a kiss on my head and says " Now I don't mind Amy. See you at lunch definitely" he says and turns around.

THE.ACTUAL.FUCK

I kinda feel good by what just happened. This stupid Wattpad stuff is getting into my head I swear.

Lets think about it later and face Ms. Barney in English class.

I have this class with Rachel and Amanda. So it's safe to say either it's gonna be really fun or its gonna be really fun plus detention either way I am in for it.

As I enter the class and start to make my way towards the back I see Rachel with another girl, a red head to be precise. Where's Amanda? She left so long ago I thought she would be here by now.

" Hey Rachel! Where's Manda?" I ask taking my seat beside her .

" I don't know Amelia . I thought she was with you. " She says confused.

" She was with me but then I met Nick in the hallway and she just disappeared like pufff you know" I say dramatically moving my hands in air.

" Maybe she's in the girl's restroom or something. " The red head steps in .

" And who might this red cherry be? " I say slightly annoyed as I hate when people cut my conversations off.

" Relax... she's my cousin I told you about. Mariana . Remember? " Rachel says as I try to remember when was this

" Ughh the one you said was your best friend and you would ask her join in highschool. If I am right you said her name was Mary something..." I say confused

" Thats my nickname. " Mariana says

" Ohh ! Sorry for being rude Mariana. Welcome to the school and hopefully you're an addition to the group " I say as I take my books out and focus on the board with a neutral expression.

I don't mean to be rude but I hate new people. They make me insecure kind of and  also I am not very talkative with strangers.
I can't really consider her a friend now
She's merely an acquaintance to me now.

Rachel's cousin is what she'll always be to me.

" Stop being a bitch and keep your introverted side to yourself Amelia. Atleast offer her a smile " Rachel says to me irritated.

" Whatever Rachy poo" I say ... knowing that this will irritate her and put her to shut up

" Get your books out class we have a long lecture now" Ms Barney says and we all began. A long class with red cherry here indeed.

Author's note

This is the first story I am writing.
Please give it a read also let me know if the chapters are too long or if you guys want any other pov's to be done. Criticism is appreciated in the comments but don't put any spoilers.
Bye  ♥️