Ch 60

Xavier was rushed to the emergency ward while Lucas waited behind with his heart in his throat.

Amelia had been informed and she arrived at the hospital shortly. She looked around and when she saw Lucas, she rushed to where he was with tears already in her eyes.

"Where is he? Lucas" he looked devastated and also confused about the answer he should give her. "What happened?"

"I think he was poisoned, but the doctors haven't said anything about it"

She let the tears go down her cheek. She tried to steady herself before speaking again. "Martin did this, didn't he?"

"He is the only one who can do something like this" Lucas said and the moment he let out those words, he watched as she turned to leave.

"Amelia, where are you going?"

Amelia didn't give him a response. She was going to do what she should have done for a long time.

****

Amelia called two of Xavier's trusted guards; Williams and Alex. After telling them that she wanted them to take Martin down, they were reluctant. They didn't want to adhere because they didn't see her as powerful enough to order them around and that got her very angry.

Her husband's life at risk, combined by her anger made her voice out. "I am Xavier Garcia's wife and I have every right to tell you what to do as much as he does" she stopped yelling. "Do you want to lose your jobs?" she asked them and watched as fear took over the confidence on their faces. "I didn't think so"

"Anyways, I need you to take down Martin"

"That won't be easy ma'am" Williams said.

"Why not?"

"Martin is not only powerful. He is also very trickish. Sir Xavier had lost a lot of guards to him and..."

Amelia didn't let him finish. " Then that should be a motivation. Your boss who you swore allegiance to is in the hospital dying and you are going to stay here and tell me you can't take down the man who did this?"

"That won't be a problem for us to do" Williams spoke up and Amelia nodded her head in satisfaction.

"Take as many men as you want. I want Martin alive as soon as possible"

"Yes ma'am" both of them bowed their heads and turned to leave.

"And don't fail" she warned as she watched them leave.

She was going to make Martin pay for what he did to her husband.

She remembered the state of her husband and she slipped to the floor crying her eyes out. The last time she spoke to Lucas over the phone, the surgery to flush his system was still going on and her heart had not been at rest since it started. One thing was certain if Xavier died, her life was over. She couldn't imagine leaving without him.

****

"He is still asleep. We were able to get the poison out of his system, but some of his organs have been damaged. It was a very strong substance"

Amelia's heart broke as she heard the words of the doctor. It felt like she was dreaming. She even occasionally pinched herself to snap herself from the dreamland, but she was constantly reminded it wasn't a dream.

"Is he going to survive?" Did Amelia asked with her heart in her throat

"Yes, there is a chance for that, but he needs to stay here to heal"