Chapter 7

I woke up today dreading the feeling of getting on the subway. Yes, it might have to do with the kiss...our first kiss together.

His lips. Those soft lips that moved slowly against mine, but surprised me when they became a bit faster and rougher.

I pressed my two fingers up against my lips, instantly smiling to myself, and feeling the tingly sensation that I felt when he kissed me last night.

Suddenly the door to my room bursted open, revealing my best friend Melanie. I quickly moved my fingers away from my lips, trying to hide my smile, but unfortunately I was too slow at hiding it.

"What's with that smile? Something happened with Parker didn't it?" She sat on my bed, just below my feet.

"Nothing happened," I mumbled.

"Something totally happened. Did you two kiss?" Melanie asked, causing me to blush. "Oh my god. You did didn't you? I'm so right!" She squealed in excitement.

I wanted nothing more than to crawl in a hole and die. But since I couldn't do that. I pulled my blanket over my face and hid there, but it didn't work. Not like I expected it to anyways..

Melanie pulled the blanket off of me, grinning like a maniac. "How was it? Is he a good kisser? How long did you guys kiss? Did he-"

Thankfully my phone interrupted her attacking me with questions. I was finally free. At least I thought so until Melanie jumped up from my bed and grabbed onto my phone, answering it before I had the chance to get up from my bed.

"Parker? No, this is her friend Melanie and I was wondering if you would like to have dinner with us tonight?" My eyes widened. I got off of my bed, trying to grab my phone from her but she pressed the hand she wasn't holding my phone with up against my forehead, keeping me away from her. "Yes? Oh okay. I will text you the time and address. Wear something nice!" She hung up just as I grabbed my phone out of her hands.

I can't believe she just did that..

"Why are you acting like this? Shouldn't you be happy to see him again, especially after the kiss?"

"I am but I-I'm nervous! I have no idea what to say to him now," I groaned, going back to my bed and hiding under the covers.

"You're overreacting. Just talk to him like you always do," she said, patting my head. "You'll be okay. Well...maybe."

I pulled the blanket off of my face, narrowing my eyes at her. "What do you mean by maybe?"

"I'm not for sure if you'll be okay because you are pretty awkward and a total weirdo. So you might scare him off."

"Hey!"

She laughed. "I'm just kidding. You'll be fine. Maybe you'll get to kiss those delicious lips of his again."

My cheeks became warm as I threw my pillow at her. "Go away."

She gave me a small grin. "You know you want to, but whatever just get ready for school if you want me to drive you," she said before leaving my room.

~*~

I swallowed hard, staring at myself in the mirror. I had on a plain but classy red dress. That I just bought a hour ago with Melanie. I liked it but I was nervous in it. What was Parker going to think?

"You look so pretty!" Melanie smiled as she played with my hair that was perfectly curled, thanks to her.

"Thank you."

"Now take a deep breath and go downstairs because he's waiting," she excitedly said, pressing her hands against my back, giving me a little push, causing me to almost fall flat on my face because of my new black heels I bought to go with the dress.