Chapter 8

Parker's POV

"You're really funny. You know that?" Malia laughed, showing off that breathtaking smile of hers. Making my heart race.

She's so beautiful.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I smirked, shoving my hands in my jean pockets. "Because you're pretty." Her cheeks turned a slight pink, making my smirk grow bigger. She's way too cute.

I'm going to miss her...

"Don't say things like that!" She pressed her hands up to her pink cheeks, giving me a face.

"Why not?"

"Because- because- just don't say anything!" She sighed in frustration. I chuckled, removing my hands from my pockets, moving slowly towards her, causing her to walk backwards. She ended up with her back pressed up against the front door of her home. I grinned, inching my face closer to hers. "W-What are you-" I pressed my finger up against her soft lips, silencing her.

"Does it make your heart race when I call you pretty? Beautiful? Cute?" She swallowed hard, slightly nodding. "You're pretty."

"Stop."

"You're beautiful."

"Parker."

"Malia," I smiled. "You're cute."

Her cheeks weren't a light pink anymore. They were full on red and I couldn't help but think that it was the cutest thing ever.

"I hate you.." She tried glaring at me but she ended up looking even cuter than she already does, making my insides go crazy.

"I like you." No, I shouldn't have said that. At least not now. Since I won't be able to see her for a while..

She looked down towards the ground, trying not to smile but she failed miserably. "I like you too."

"I know," I smirked. She rolled her eyes.

"Well I guess I'll go in. I'll see you tomorrow, right?" No you won't.

"Let's meet tonight." I have to see more of her before I leave. No I need to see more of her.

"Wait what? Tonight? Where?"

"At eight on the beach."

"Okay...but why?"

"I have something to show you."

"What is it?"

"It's a surprise, but make sure to come, okay?"

"Okay," she smiled before disappearing behind the front door of her house.

~*~

I spread out a blanket on the sand for us to sit on and my dog Nyla who I decided to bring along.

We both sat down while Nyla lied down by our feet, sleeping. "I didn't know you had a dog," she said, looking at Nyla in awe.

"I just got her two weeks ago. But my dad won't let me keep her."

"Aw," she stuck out her bottom lip, looking cute as always. "Why?"

"He's a ass," I sighed, throwing my head back, looking up at the sky that was dark and filled with many bright stars.

Such a nice night, but too bad I'm going to ruin it.

"Oh, you never talk about him."

"Because every time I do I become upset."