Chapter 9

I carefully sat down on my couch, trying not to spill the mug full of hot chocolate that I was holding in my hands. I then reached over and grabbed onto the TV remote while holding my hot chocolate in the other hand. I turned on the TV and switched it to a channel where a very familiar handsome face was being interviewed. I smiled, watching the boy I adored, talking to the interviewer. I brought the mug to my lips and sipped on it as I listened.

"So just recently you have been known as the new rising musician all the teenage girls have been obsessing over. Tell us, how does it feel to become this popular in a short amount of time?" The interviewer asked, staring at Parker. Parker seemed nervous, avoiding eye contact from the man interviewing him.

"Um, well...I didn't expect to gain this much popularity in such little time. I honestly thought it would be a while before anyone really noticed me," Parker cleared his throat, adjusting himself in the chair, trying to get comfortable. "It feels amazing. I'm truly lucky. Uh, thank you to the ones who have become a fan of mine. It means a lot," he stared into the camera as he said this. You could tell he really was thankful just by the look in his eyes and the way he said it. I smiled at that. He hasn't changed.

"Wow, you seem like a very nice young man. I wish you luck in your career," the interviewer said.

"Thank you," Parker replied.

"Now I must ask this popular question because everyone, including myself wants to know-"

"Uh oh," Parker laughed, "I think I already have an idea on what that question is."

The interviewer also laughed, "I bet you do. Most celebrities do." The interviewer's expression suddenly became serious as he looked at Parker who swallowed hard. "Alright so I must ask you. Is there a special someone in your life at the moment?" The question made my heart thump loudly against my chest. I sat my mug down on the table in front of me and turned the volume up on the TV remote.

Parker looked hesitant, but quickly put on a straight face. "No there isn't. Not for now at least." I swear I could hear the sound of my heart breaking in half.

How could he say that? Does he not have feelings for me anymore? Did he forget about me? My head was spinning with all these depressing thoughts I kept coming up with.

The interviewer's mouth was shaped in a 'O' as he glanced at the camera. "Did you hear that everyone? Parker is a single man," he chuckled and so did Parker although his seemed forced.

I turned off the TV not bothered to watch the rest of it. My heart aches and I feel as if I just got ran over by a bus..

My phone rung in my pocket, I grabbed onto it, swiping my thumb across the 'answer' button before holding it up to my right ear. "Hello?"

"What's wrong? Why does your voice sound like that one time when you found out that Dylan O'Brien got a girlfriend?" Melanie asked.

"This situation is worse than that."

"What could be worse than Dylan O'Brien getting a girlfriend?"

"Parker saying there's not a special someone in his life on national television."

"Oh...okay maybe there is something worse than that."