296 - Blessed

"Already?!" Catherine de Medici, Queen Mother of France exclaims, cupping her hands over her chest with glee. She shoots up from her chair, pushing away the teacup in which she had been drinking from as she broke her fast with her family, the legs groaning loudly as its pushes back behind her body. "My goodness, what a joy!" She cries out, pushing the arms away from her and running as best she can with the way her heels clack on the floor, hoisting her black satin skirts up as she rushes to the Queen of France, crushing her to her chest in a tight embrace. "My goodness, James is only a few months old, we are blessed again, already!"

Sebastian, meanwhile, is laughing at his brothers expression, his eyebrows high on his forehead.

"For the love of God, Francis." He smirks, chuckling. "The midwife only gave Mary the go ahead what, six weeks ago? Already, your aim is true again." He laughs. "Jesus, Francis. Keep your hands to yourself!"

That makes Charles and Henri laugh loudly, pushing plates of eggs and potatoes away from their hands as they cackle at their brothers rude remark. Catherine huffs at their wickedness.

"Really, boys. You find out that you're able to live lives free from the responsibilities of the crown, something you've never wanted. And all you can think about is the rustling in the sheets." Catherine stands up and huffs at her sons. Her hands go onto her hips, and Sebastian and Francis his thin their lips and widen their eyes at each other, awaiting a venomous lecture from the Medici serpant herself.

"Sorry, mother." Charles huffs. Henri just smirks.

"Your father's sons, the pair of you." She looks at the teenage boys, who grin at each other.

"Anyway." He glares at the two of them. "I'm so happy for you, Mary. You two deserve this baby. This is what we need, right now. Life, after so much unrest. I cannot believe it, a second grandson." She smiles widely at the couple, and the baby in Mary's arms.

"Uh, mother." Charles clears his throat, tipping his forehead in the direction of Lola and her beloved bastard, who sit next to Kenna and on the other side of Greer. She sneers at the woman who had stolen her lover, and who had evidently slept with her son, too.

"Official." She sneers at the woman, looking her dead in the eyes as the woman shies away from Catherine.

"I love Stephanè, Catherine. And he loves me. We are wed." Lola's voice is quiet, and she looks down at Jean's oblivious head.

"Mother." Francis huffs. "I'm no fan of the union, but this is a happy time. Mary is having a baby, our second child. We'll have no more of this scorn or jealousy."

Catherine gives her son a look, before containing on as if he had never spoken.

"I will write to my artisan's in Venice, they will provide the finest Christening gown, and another in Loyon, he can provide the softest blankets that will not irritate his beautiful skin. Ah! Since James is promised to Anne of Denmark, we will have to start looking for a beautiful bride at once, for our lovely new Prince." Catherine goes on.

"Mama, it could be a girl." Claude says, brushing her hair from her face. "A Princess, a beautiful Princess for all the boys of the court to fawn over." she grins.

"Nonsense." Catherine pushes the thought away. "Mary will give France a son, another strong son, just like his brother. Oh, names! What should we name him! I do believe we should have another Francis. Or a Louis, maybe a beautiful little Pierre, Alexandrèe or Alèard, perhaps?"

Francis smiles at his wife, and she grins shyly at him ad they listen to Catherine extatically ramble. Her love for their new baby is shared by the doting parents, who wish for nothing more than a healthy child just like the precious Prince laying in her lap.