DO or DIE (babe x way x Charlie)part 4

Charlie: I am sorry I had to interrupt you guys. I will leave soon.

Yuri: No, no, everything is fine. You stay here until you heal. There is no problem. Besides, Way and I are never here. I'm busy with work, and Way is busy at the hospital. This place is empty, so yeah, we have no problem.

Babe: See, I told you it's not a big deal.

Yuri: You don't bother him, and we will talk about Mark later. (Yuri glares at Babe and smiles at Charlie.)

Yuri: I will go to my room and leave you two here. Way, are you coming?

Way: I-I will be there in a few minutes.

Way: If you need anything, you can call me. This is my number. It would be a hassle to call from this room to upstairs.

Babe: You should rest too. Spending all your time at the hospital isn't good for your health. Doctors need to be well to cure others.

Way: Fine, fine, I will. Okay, now I go, guys.

(Charlie said goodbye to Way and he went upstairs.)

(After a few minutes, Babe went to see off Way but didn't come back. After about 10 minutes, he returned.)

Charlie: Where were you?

Babe: I went to get a towel and some water. Here you go—have some milk. I warmed it for you, and here are your medicines. Just one.

Charlie: What are you going to do?

Babe: Give you a sponge bath.

Charlie: For what?

Babe: Just 'cause.

Charlie: No.

Babe: Don't be stubborn. First, have your medicines. (Babe handed him the medicines, and Charlie reluctantly took them and drank his milk.)

(Babe sat down beside Charlie.)

Babe: I hope your pain goes away. (He looked worriedly at Charlie's knee.)

The sincerity of Babe toward Charlie was so visible that everyone could see it. The way Babe treated Charlie was pure love, care, and happiness.

As he wiped Charlie's body without looking directly at him, Charlie spoke up.

Charlie: Stop treating me like this. Why are you like this?

Babe: If I stop treating you like this, I will only hurt myself. I don't want to hurt myself, that's all. And why am I like this? Give me a break, Charlie. You know why I am like this. I will keep being like this with the hope that you may accept me someday.

Charlie: What if I don't?

Babe: If loving is hard, then I might have just chosen death by choosing you.

Charlie placed his hand on Babe's mouth before he could complete his sentence.

Charlie: Don't say that.

There was a moment of silence as both of them stared at each other, sharing a moment of deep connection.

As Charlie looked around and put on his shirt, he spoke.

Charlie: Thank you for your help. I will sleep now.

Charlie hastily hid under his blanket, pretending to sleep.

Babe: Hmm, I will be here if you need anything.

Charlie: Whatever.

Babe took a book to read and, while reading, fell asleep beside Charlie, sitting upright with his head resting uncomfortably on the back of the bed.