Chapter 20 - Belladonna

MAKARIA

"So, is there something specific we're looking for?" Ares asked as he looked around the room.

"It is not in this room. We need to go to Hades' room, where he keeps my mother's belongings."

Ares' face paled upon hearing Hades' name. "You want us to go to the god of hell's room without him knowing?" He asked.

"Not we, you."

"What?! What do you mean?"

I sighed before answering. "What I mean is that I will distract Hades while you go and fetch something from my mother's wardrobe."

"I can't do that! He will know."

"I will distract him, don't worry."

He opened his mouth to say something, but I was quick to place my index finger on my mouth, telling him to stop talking. I ushered him to hide in my bathroom.

Just as he hid, the door opened and Melinoe entered the room.

"I thought I felt something. You're back." Melinoe said as she looked around the room.

I knew she would sense Ares because she was inside the room now, but I hoped she wouldn't mention it.

"Just came to get something from my room." I replied confidently.

"And did the boy from school, who is hiding in the bathroom had to come with you?" she asked smartly, making me chuckle.

I shrugged. "You know how I like to have my pets follow me."

"Mhmm, I am not sure if I believe you."

"I don't care if you don't. But make sure not to mention it to Hades."

"Why wouldn't I?" She challenged me.

I knew just the way to shut her up.

"If you want to see your mother again, then shut up." As soon as those words flew out of my mouth, Melinoe parted her lips in shock.

Believe it or not, she loved our mother even though they used to fight a lot. Melinoe was closer to Hades, but she loved Persephone. I believe that she regretted not being close to her before she disappeared.

"What do you mean, Makaria?" She turned serious.

"You know what I meant, Melinoe." I replied in the same tone.

"Tell me."

"I can't because I still don't know everything. The only way I could know is for you to turn a blind eye."

She stilled for a few seconds before nodding. "Okay, sister. I will."

With that, she turned around and left the room. Ares came out a minute later after he made sure she left. He looked even paler; I am assuming he heard the conversation with his supernational ears from his wolf side.

"Are you sure she won't tell Hades?" he asked.

"Don't worry. Even if she did, I can handle him."

"Okay, so what is the next step?" he asked, sitting on my bed. If Chimera was here, she would rip his head and slit it into two.

Chimera was a three-headed beast. She had the body and head of a lion and the tail of a snake. She was my favorite pet after Cerberus. She hated Hades and would always protect me from him.

"I will go look for one of the guards. I need to know where Hades is. Stay here."

"You can't leave me alone!" he exclaimed.

"You're such a coward!" I yelled at him.

He strolled towards me until he was almost bumping into my body. "I am not a coward, don't ever say that. I am just careful. I have never been outside of Earth, and I never fought against a demon. So, excuse me if I don't want to stay alone."

Okay, he was right, and I was a bitch.

But I didn't tell him that, of course.

"Fine. I'll get you guard's outfits for you to wear."

"What about my smell?"

Belladonna will do.

"I'll get you some Belladonna perfume. Almost everyone here wears it."

I just hoped it doesn't poison him. Well, we had to try and see.

I left the room, found a guard nearby, knocked him off, took his clothes, and immediately went back to the room.

It didn't even take 5 minutes and Ares was bouncing his leg from stress.

"Here you go."

"Thank you."

I just nodded and waited for him to finish getting ready in the bathroom. Thankfully, I had some Belladonna perfume from before in one of my drawers. I picked it up and placed it on the nightstand.

"How do they wear this thing." Ares complained as he came out fully dressed in the ridiculous guard costume Hades had chosen.

"You look ridiculous." I voiced my opinion.

"How nice of you to say that." He faked a smile.

I gestured to the perfume standing on the nightstand and told him to spray some. I didn't warn him about it being poisonous because he was half-angel, so it might work on him.

When he sprayed and nothing happened, I inwardly relaxed.

"Let's go."

We left my room. My plan was to find Hades, who was most probably sitting on his throne in the main hall. Hades' room was beside the main hall, so it would be easy for Ares to slip inside while I distracted Hades. Once Ares gets an item of Persephone, we go back to my room and from there, we travel back to Earth.

"What if there were guards outside oh Hades' chambers?" Ares asked.

"Do whatever you want with them, but do not kill them." I replied.

"Fine. If I wasn't out when you finish from Hades, come inside the room."

"Why do I feel that you're nervous?" I asked.

"Just like you demons fell death, we angels feel danger."

"So, you basically could feel that something bad is going to happen?"

"Maybe." He shrugged.

"Fine."

Once we reached the main hall, I showed Ares Hades' room from afar before marching inside, leaving Ares close to the room.

There were right guards in total, nine when Ares joined them.

I opened the double doors and the first thing I saw was the lightening bolt.

Zeus was here.

Great.