Ch.5

Gabriella yelled out in pain and fell back into her bed, breathing ragged. Jace smiled and squeezed her hand. She looked over and smiled lazily and squeezed back softly. "Ok Gabriella, one more push okay?" Dr.Violet said calmly. She nodded and pushed, screaming even louder than before, gripping Jace's hand even harder. She would have heard a slight crack if she wasn't screaming. When she laid back down in relief, a cry sounded from the baby.

The couples smile widened as the doctor pulled the child into view. "Say hello to your baby boy." She said softly. The child was cleaned and Gabriella was the first to hold him. A soft smile appearing on her face as she realized that this little bundle, this baby, was from her, red hair and all. Jace looked up from the baby to the child's mother, cooing and whispering little moments they had when he was in her tummy.

A ghostly smile appeared on his face. Then, the baby opened his eyes. And they were a crystal blue, just like his fathers. Gabriella laughed softly as she look up to Jace. "Looks like he got the eyes you wanted." Jace pecked her cheek and the baby's. "What will the name be?" Dr.Violet questioned. The two had settled on a name the moment they found what they were having a few months ago. "Kaden Jace Fields." Jace whispered as the child was put in his arms.

He held Kaden as if he was the most fragile thing on this Earth. The doctor left so the others could come in. When they did, they all looked at the child and the first thing said was from Caleb. "The poor child. Red-headed and blue-eyed." This made Paris chuckle. Gabriella laughed as well and moved her index finger, Kaden's small hand wrapped tightly around it.

"I still wish Melodi was here." Gabriella announced quietly. A knock on the hospital door ruined the silence. Vann opened the door and there stood a man, holding a blue vase full of yellow roses. A balloon with the words "IT'S A BOY!!" And a box with blue teddy bears on it. "Are you two Jace and Gabriella Fields?" Gabriella nodded slowly and Jace put Kaden in his mothers arms. "Why?"

The man held out the objects in his hands. "These are for you." Ethan looked around to the wide eyes. "Who was it from?" Jace said in a low voice. The man merely shook his head. "I was told not tell you." He looked over to Gabriella, then to Jace. "But this person spent a lot of money on these gifts." Caleb came up beside Jace and took the gifts. "Thank you." The man nodded and walked out.

Silence filled the room once again. "Do you think it was Melodi?" This was Gabriella. No one answered. Caleb opened the box and froze. "There are clothes in here, blue onesie's and even a pacifier." Jace walked up to Caleb and looked inside. The man from before can back with another man. Holding a box. It was a swing. "There is more sir, should we bring it all in?" Jace looked over to Gabriella.

"How much more?"

As Jace, Caleb and Paris were led outside the room, they froze in the spot. Taking up the hall way, were bears, bunnies, diapers and even little baby chairs. "Who did this?" Was the only question that was spoken.