Ch.11

I huffed in ignorance as I collapsed onto the forest floor. I couldn't find them. Rolling over I looked up to the blue sky and sighed. I heard rustling and my eyes shifted over to the bushes. I let my fingers spread out as I watched the bunny make its way to the forest opening. Start from the bottom. I sighed and shook my head. My fangs didn't even elongate when I saw the rabbit, I didn't hear it until it hopped through the bushes. I stared blankly at the blue sky above me and wondered how long I had. I had gotten weaker in a matter of a couple of hours.

My time was limited.

Ethan's P.O.V.

"She should have found us by now." Caleb said looking at me. I sighed and ran a hand down my face. My wolf wanted me to go find her. "I think we should just leave her-" Victoria grabbed my arm and I yanked it off. "Why don't we just give her some more time?" I glared and ignored her request. "Ethan, I think she needs this time. You always said she shifted in woods similar, it's her happy place. Maybe she can potentially have a breakthrough-" I didn't respond to Jace. I didn't want to.

I just wanted to be with Melodi. Anything can happen with her out here in the woods by herself. Especially when she has The Elders on her tail. Jay, Melodi's father nodded his head in the corner of my vision and I groaned and walked back to my place in the circle. "If anything happens to her-" Jace shook his head. "That won't happen."

Yet I still held them accountable.

Melodi's P.O.V.

I slowly sat up as the wind blew. The jacket I had on keeping me warm. I closed my eyes and stood. There has to be a way. Walking, I followed the wind. I traced every memory I had with each person I had to find and-

A twig snapped. My eyes opened and I turned. No one was there with me. I saw this as hope, my heart pounding as I closed my eyes and reaching deeper. Nothing. I growled in frustration and kicked the fallen leaves. I ran a hand through my hair and looked around. Footsteps, I followed them. They started to fade as I followed and that's when I felt their presence. "Zar?" She silence me and I saw a needle slide from her pocket and into her hands. I started to struggle yet I was being held in place by someone. Adrian. She put the needle in the same spot they did. I cried and stumbled as I was pushed away. Away from the footsteps. Away from the area I knew. And into the forest I never explored. The world was hazy, shadows everywhere. Whispers in my ear.

I tripped and fell to my knees. I stood slowly and continued my search. For what? I kept walking until I saw them. Standing in a circle.

That's when I woke up. I stood abruptly. Walking the same direction. I knew where they were. I followed my dreams until they'd stopped feet away from the circle."Melodi." I felt it then. The weight becoming heavy. I was struggling to breath as my eyes widened. The quick pace of my heart beat and the movement in my bones resulted in me becoming frozen in my spot. You are weak. I knew that voice. Ethan stepped forward and I raised my hand to stop him. He went crashing into Caleb. I gasped for air as I felt tears drop.

"I found you." Dropping to the ground I heard my name.

Ethan's P.O.V.

Her eyes were golden. When they met the groups. Standing up I went towards her limp body on the ground. But I was pushed back once again. "Caleb, call Violet." He nodded and I tried to reach her. I could hear everyone's heart. The whispers of hope. I tried to lift the barrier yet it wouldn't crack. This was a different barrier. "Her body's shutting down." Violet yelled as she appeared out of no where. "It's trying to run off of the energy stored in order to survive. We need to get her to the building now."

I focused on her more. Every kiss, hug, smile. Her laugh. The way she fell asleep in my hat. How she was cuddling with my spongebob. The way she would ruffle my hair and giggle. I focused on her soft skin, how it contrasts with mine. Her dark brown eyes. Her voice when she is happy. I went deeper and thought of how her lips felt on mine. How every night when she couldn't sleep she would hold my tighter and close her eyes, asking me to talk to her.  How she would ask me to make light appear in my hands. How her eyes glowed as the followed the movements of my hands. How she-

"It's not working." Caleb yelled at me. I glared.

The way she looked at Caleb, how her heart quickened when he shifted in front of when for the first time. How her heart beats harder than before when he looks at her. When they bump into each other how she use to giggle and smile. How she use to look at him in amazement and me in confusion. It still wasn't working. I went back to when I spoke to Caleb alone. "I was hers first Ethan. Always will be. She might fall for you but she will always love me. Her heart will pound faster, her eyes will search for me. She will always want me."

"Let's see how long you believe that."

The barrier broke.

And I ran to Melodi. "Hurry." Violet said and we all took off.

~

Caleb's P.O.V.

"There is a drug, latching onto her and taking all her "abilities" resulting in her loosing her heightened senses and killing her. She is running off of the energy her wolf and vampire have. But it's not much." I clenched my fist and glared ahead to the cream walls. "What are you implying?" I asked. Ethan sighed deeply "What do you think Caleb?" Ethan snapped. I growled at him and he stood from the hospital bed. Melodi's mother pushed him back down on the bed gently. "Melodi wouldn't want you two to be arguing." Vann scoffed. "You seemed to have forgotten who killed your sister." she frowned and Jay cut in. "That's enough Vann, last time I checked you stay there to." Vann just rolled his eyes. "Not for long." Levi shook his head and grabbed his sisters hand. "This isn't about us. We are heathy and perfectly fine. This is about Melodi." The room went silent and Jace nodded. "Your right." His phone rang and he picked it up. Exchanging a couple of "yes." And "okay." Turning off the phone, he looked up. "I have to go." No one said anything. "Might be best, you never know when she will attack you." Vann grumbled. Jace tilted his head and locked eyes with Vann.

"I mean she definitely looks like she kills children-"

"Vann-" Levi warned.

Vann looked over to his brother and shook his head. "You saw the way he snatched his child when she reached for him." I stayed silent. We all saw that. "It's different when you have a child son." Jay whispered. Vann stood up straighter. "Oh so now I'm your son." The battle was about to continue until Violet interrupted. "If I were you I would make sure she keeps worrying to a minimum. I don't know what drug they gave her or how much longer she can go on but I would think it would be better if you took her way for a while." I rolled my eyes and sighed "she has been gone too long already." Violet glared at me. "Yes, but this time when she leaves it will be for forever. I will stay here and try to find a way to create or find a cure of some kind, but if not..."

Ethan looked from the doctor to Mel. "If not?" Levi pushed. "I would think she would rather pass in a happy place. One where no bad memories will follow."

__________________________

Wooooo.

This has to be the weirdest chapter I have written so far.

... I just lied to myself.

Anyway, the first book is in the 80,000's GUYS THIS IS BIG.

I ALMOST FREAKED.

I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH.

You make me a better writer.

And I promise, the Elders will make an appearance soon.

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo