Ch.3

Ethan opened his eyes and looked to his right. She was sitting there in a giant sweater and sweats, a small smile on her lips. "Strange huh? I found out I can project myself when I had a nightmare a few nights ago, I appeared in your room and I freaked." Her voice-man it was good to hear it again. "Where are you? Why won't you come home?" He threw questions her way and she just shrugged them off.

"Hey, can you do the thing?" She asked softly. Ethan looked at her for a moment and opened his right palm, the lights danced off of his skin and made a pattern on his fingers. Melodi's eyes glowed.

"I want you to tell Levi to keep the group sane. And make sure Gabriella doesn't get too worked up-" Ethan leaned towards her and interrupted.

"Why don't you tell them yourself?" She stayed quiet and looked from the lights slowly dying in his hand and into his eyes. "There are things I have to do if I come back, I'm not ready." Her voice lowered to a whisper. "I have to go Ethan, I'm waking up...take care of that limp E..." Her body faded with her words and Ethan sighed parked his car in front of the pack house.

Caleb was outside pacing, a cigarette lit and in his mouth. "You know that if Melodi was here she would have beaten you right now?" Caleb looked up calmly and laughed. "I know, but I just really needed to do something-"

"So going back to old habits make you busy?" Ethan raised an eyebrow and Caleb glared.

"I just needed to get my wolf to shut up, I am confused and I needed something to shut the thoughts up."

Ethan put his hands in his pockets and tilted his head. "Did it work?" Caleb met his eyes once again and sighed. "I really don't know why I am talking to you about this."

"You might need someone to confide in."

Caleb scoffed and threw the cigarette on the ground, stepping on it and rubbing his foot against the gravel on the ground. "I wish you were wrong." He whispered and walked inside.

Ethan followed shortly after and Levi grabbed his arm. "I need you to tell all about her is she okay? Hurt? Wounded? Taken against her will?" Ethan looked over to the group the filled the entry way and looked back to Levi.

"She wanted you to take care of everyone, she is hurt, her body healing slower than a hybrid yet the same as a human. She wouldn't tell me where she was and left before I could interrogate her further." Ethan watched the light in everyone's eyes dim.

"We need to go after her, you have her scent right?" Paris said. He walked to the door and opened it. "You could track her in your sleep, that's what she did right?" Ethan nodded his head and heard Jay whisper something to Melodi's mother. "Then let's go."

The group left, but the sound of a whisper stopped Caleb. He turned and let the eyes of his father. He growled and balled his hands into a fist. "Why are you here?" Marcus just smiled and leaned against the building. "Just checking to see how far behind you are." Caleb leaned away from his father and shook his head. "Your not worth it." He grumbled and turned.

"I know you found your mate son, you know that means you can give up in her right? You have what you need and what you should have been looking for. Why keep fighting for someone you won't end up with?" Caleb paused and looked over his shoulder.

Silence.

"I thought so. Look if you want to find her just come with me, I have her location and the elders should be on their way in a couple of days. If you and I leave now then we can beat them
There and you can say your goodbyes."

"..."

Marcus sighed loudly and moved away from the wall. "Look son-"

"I am not your son, your son died when his mother died. Killed by rouges remember?" Caleb was pleased by the silence that Marcus allowed. It was like an old friend. The anger. Coming for a visit. "And if you ever come back here and do this again. I will not hesitate to kill you."