Ch.4

I felt Melodi grab my hand and slowly pulled it off of her.

I shifted a little and my hand left hers as I pulled her closer...

"Caleb."

Then, they started to talk, like they use to, back before the argument, the confession. Melodi would say something, Caleb would give her a sarcastic response, and at the end of every conversation, they would laugh.

Just like old times...

He looked up from the old picture of the two on his phone and gave her a blank stare. "She needs a chance Caleb." Caleb gave her a small smile and Veronica took a seat in front of him. "I know you don't want this alliance. But it seems like you do because of that hybrid-" Caleb growled and his eyes shifted.

"You can't speak of someone you don't know Veronica." Her grey eyes softened. "I wish you could give up on her just like you did Lullaby." Caleb leaned back and raised an eyebrow.

Why the sudden conversations about giving up?

"You called me up here to this place to talk about someone you don't know?" Her eyes hardened and she returned the answer with a certain base in her voice.

"I am just saying you are my mate and not hers for a reason Caleb. She will be better off in an unknown location anyway, I heard the Elders are after her and since the meeting you all had with them I am sure your pack is being monitored."

Caleb glared and sighed. "This was a mistake." He whispered and pulled out the money for the bill he never asked for and the placed a tip under the hot chocolate he never drunk.

Melodi and Caleb walked in and saw that it was a suite it had a huge kitchen.

"Sit." He ordered. Melodi went to the chair beside the floor-to-ceiling window.

The night was bright with lights.

She could hear him in the kitchen making something.

When he nudged her shoulder. Melodi looked and saw that he had made me hot chocolate.

She took it. "Thank you." Melodi grabbed it with her right hand and let her left hand rest slowly on her lap.

It was warm enough to where she could take a few sips.

"Wow!" Melodi exclaimed. Caleb sat in front of her and pulled the chair closer to Melodi.

"Let me see your hand." He said softly. She put her arm out.

He gently took it and brushed his fingers across it.

"Caleb wait-"

He turned and gave her a pointed look, "I am expecting gas money for this waste of time." He walked out and went straight for his black Porsche.

Melodi walked outside and followed Caleb to a black Porsche.

He could feel Melodi's presence behind him.

"How about you drop me off Caleb." He scoffed and looked over this shoulder. "No." He continued his pace, fingers twitching to the cigarettes in his pocket. "Caleb I was raised in a pack where saying how you felt was accounted as better than holding in every thought...I just want a ride to the edge of my pack, meeting you on yours already has the pack in frantic." He sighed stopping her sob story.

"Come on."

"This is yours?" She said softly. He nodded. "I have been doing more than just making sure that my pack is safe and protected."

Caleb's phone rang and he picked up.

"It's happening."
___________________________

Paris, Brandon, and Ethan faced a white door. "Are you sure?" Brandon asked softly. Ethan kept his gaze. The list from the room still fresh in his memory. "Yes." He knocked on the door, masking their scents to smell...human-like. Brandon (after mating to a female wolf from the pack) decided that he wanted to show up to one of the activities. He was one of the wolves who always talked about Melodi.

He could never forget her.

The sound of whispers and feet patting against the floor inside were loud through the thick door. Once it opened, they met an angry women. Blond hair and angry blue eyes. "Can I help you?"

Ethan coughed and gave her a smile. "I was wondering if Lullaby was here?" The lady glared. "Is this a joke?" Ethan met Paris's confused glance as Brandon confirmed that it was not in fact a joke. "She was killed, a silver bullet to the head. We couldn't trace a signal scent let alone the weapon." She looked away and a tear hit the floor, a soft thump taking place of the silence.

"Well I am sorry for your loss and I didn't mean to-" Paris was silent by the blond women shaking her head. "It's fine." She spoke with the boys some more until she declared how tired she was. The door closed and Ethan sighed. "That has to be the third and final person-"

"Zaria."

Ethan looked at Paris. "What about her? We don't have a single person who has seen her except those people and us-"

"She has to be with Melodi, meaning she is making her do things. It had to be the list she wrote and gave to Melodi." Paris sounded so sure that the whole car rid was just a discussion on how to get Melodi to talk. Well...

The unconscious Melodi.

Paris's phone rang.

He picked up and his eyes widened.

"Gabriella's in labor."