Ch.2

Levi sighed as he cleaned the blood off of his hands. His mate came from behind the tree, in one of his shirts. "You need to breath babe." He sighed and pulled her to him. " I will when I find Melodi, until then I shall suffocate." He let go of her and pecked her cheek, walking into the house. Kit sighed as she watched her mate walk away. The scent of blood followed him, reminding them of the poor snake that made contact with him.

"Levi."

He looked up from the ground to see a teary-eyed eight-year-old. "I scraped my knee." He stood up from the swing in the back-yard and kneeled at her feet, inspecting the wound. "Come on, let's go clean it up." He took a step forward and felt her hand slip in his as she limped with him. Wiping her tears and sniffling softly.

He pulled her to him and wrapped his arm around her. "I will fix it okay?" She nodded and gave him a small smile. When they reached the bathroom, she sat on the counter (with much help) and watched Levi open the health kit. "This will sting okay?" He said softly. She whispered a response and reached for his hand. He took hers and squeezed gently.

She hissed as the alcohol made contact with her knee. Squeezing her brothers hand rather tightly, she didn't cry. When it was over, Levi put a band-aid on the wound and pecked her knee. He looked up and smiled as she giggled. "All better?" He questioned. Melodi hugged him. "All better."

He sighed and ran up the steps to his room, ignoring Vann and his mate Marlene. The older twin looked at his brother, the look of pain flashed across his face as he past the two. Marlene saw Kit trailing slowly, she walked up to her and took her arm. When she looked back to where she was moments ago, Vann was gone. She sighed and looked over to Kit.

"I hope those two make up." The two girls nodded and walked into Adrianna's room, wanting advice. Vann looked at the door in front of him. The argument lingering in his mind. His words slipping onto his lips.

"We haven't found a single clue." Jay said throwing the paper in the floor. Vann growled as he looked over to the picture of  Zaria and her new vampire friend. They were at a shop in the other side of the world. But that was the only thing they could trace. "Why isn't mom here?" Levi asked. It was only Ethan, Brandon, Caleb, Caleb's siblings, Jay, and the twins. Vann shook his head. "Better yet, where is the Beta and the third in command?" The silence in the room became too loud for the twins.

"You see? This is what I am talking about. Mom's only daughter is out there somewhere probably hurt and she is planning a wedding and getting a baby room together for people that aren't her family!" Levi shook his head.

"Vann, they just missed one meeting, it's fine." Levi knew how easily frustrated he could get. Vann turned, eyes pitch black. "YOU SHOULD BE ON MY SIDE!" Levi took deep breaths and stood slowly, watching his brothers movements.

"Melodi is okay, she is probably on her way back here as we speak, we just need to keep searching. Everything will be fine as long a-"

"SHUT UP LEVI! You are always trying to see the bright side of things, well that's not needed now."

Levi glared at his brother, gripping his hands so tightly they were shaking, just like his shoulders. "Well someone needs to because you are always calling the death card on us." He said lowly between clenched teeth. The rest of the group stayed silent as the two yelled at each other.

It was when Vann charged Levi did Jay and Ethan stepped in. "YOU ARE A SORRY EXCUSE OF A BROTHER!" Van yelled being pulled back by Jay.

"Takes a sorry excuse to know one Vann." His words were low, and venom was laced in them. This was the cruelest he was ever seen. Kit and Marlene were told to stay in the rooms, they "didn't need to worry."