Chapter#2

Hira's POV:

I collapsed on my bed tired as though I'm a horse that had run a marathon thrice today. I pull my laptop closer. My laptop is the second dearest thing in my life. First is my cell phone which was gifted by a little cousin of mine on passing my Masters Examination. He spent all of his pocket money to buy me this gift. It was very sweet of him so I consider my mobile very dear to me.

My phone rang and I picked up the call without looking at the caller ID.

"Assalam o Alaikum." I heard a deep masculine voice of my best friend Hassan.

"Wallaikum Assalam... I told you not to call me at this time."

"It's not my fault... I couldn't stop myself from calling you."

"It's inappropriate to call a girl after midnight, you idiot. What would people say if they know?" I said in an angry tone.

"Are you scared of people knowing our little secret?" He whispered.

"Shut up...!"

"Well if you are worried about my family, then you don't have to. Everyone knows that I am talking to you. And about you... Well, it's a universal truth that goody - goody Miss two shoes like you will never go on a wrong path."

"Oye! Are you making fun of me???"

"Not at all, your highness. How will I live if I ever make a mistake like making fun of you?" And he is back to himself.

"Hey! You have your fiancé... Go eat her brain. Leave me alone. ....I can't wait anymore.'

"Wait for what?"

"I'm downloading a new drama of Kim Soo Hyun. I want to watch it and you are wasting my precious time."

"Argh! You and your craze for Chinese-dramas." He sounds annoyed.

"Not Chinese, Korean dramas. It's K-dramas."

"Yeah, whatever! Go and watch your stupid drama."

"Good! Allah hafiz."

"Allah hafiz."

I put my phone on the side and start watching 'The Producer'. Watching K-dramas is the only thing I do to entertain myself, besides reading and writing stories. But I never allow anyone to read my stories and no one knows that I have this hobby. Well, no one except for Saba, my other best friend and Hassan's fiancé.

My stories are my dreams. Like other girls have dreams of being a princess and wait for her prince. I have those dreams too and they are very precious to me. But they don't go with my lifestyle. So instead of letting them go by keeping them buried inside my heart, I capture them in my stories.

I am not a Cinderella, Belle or any other beautiful Disney princess. I am quite the opposite. There is no room in my life to behave like a sweet, innocent fairy tale princess.

Life is hard and its harder when you are stupid. Therefore, I have done with my stupidities long ago. The truth is, these days relations are as pure and caring as they were before. You will find the hungry elf in the form of human everywhere, waiting to devour you. I don't have to go too far to take an example, just look at my relatives. My mother was the only child of her parents, like me. So I don't have any close relatives from my mother's side. But my father has a huge family and everyone is aiming for a chance to takeover Baba's property.

I wasn't aware of their motives before and thought their love was genuine. But time proves me wrong, as soon as I realize their intentions, I persuade Baba to move away from his relatives. He was against the idea at first but I managed to change his mind. Now we are living in a small apartment near the hospital for Baba's convenience.