Chapter 10

This one gets a little intense. Please tell me what you think and I will try to get the 11th chapter out as soon as possible.

________________________________________________________________________

I looked from the note to Jesses and back again. Opening and closing my mouth I didn’t know what to say.

“Yes,” Jesse said breaking the silence, “It is who you think it is Hazel. And he’s out for blood.” My body started to shake from this new information. “You should tell him Hazel. He seems to care about you, a lot.” I nodded leaving the room; note still in my hand.

“Hazel,” Carlisle called taking my shaking arm into his hand. I looked at him, numb.

“Are you okay,” he asked worry was etched into his face.

“Carlisle,” I started unable to look at him anymore, “We need to talk tomorrow it is really important….Can someone please drive me home?” Emmett stepped up beside me taking my keys into his hand. He lightly gripped my arm leading me to the parking garage. I got into the passenger seat closing my eyes. A cold hand gripped mine tightly causing me to cast my gaze over at Emmett, “Everything will be okay Hazel.” I forced a smile nodding. We arrived at my house within a few minutes. Emmett walked me to my door and hugged me before leaving. That night I barely slept. I tossed and turned before eventually getting up.

Early that morning I called La Push and quit my job. Deciding it was time to get dressed I pulled on a pair of sweats with my white tank top and I pulled my hair into a messy bun. Gathering the two packages and all the notes I packed them into my car and drove to the Cullen house. Alice was already waiting for me in the drive way with a solemn look on her face. She took one of the boxes and I followed her inside where I saw everyone at the dining room table. Sitting opposite of Carlisle I was at the other end of the table. I sat the boxes next to me on the floor and the notes spread out in front of me in the order in which I received them. I had even gone as far as to writing the voicemail out.

“What is all this,” Emmett asked being the first to break the silence.

“Over the past month or so I’ve been getting these letters and packages,” I started.

“So what’s so important that you need to talk to all of us,” Edward interrupted me.

“Edward,” Emmett snapped.

“They’re threats. Also the reason that Jesse was shot.”

“Do you know who’s threatening you,” Rosie asked her hand clenched into a fist.

“My uncle,” I sighed, “But I think he has help from someone else.”

“Why is he,” Carlisle asked finally speaking, “Or you don’t know?”

“No one like to lose their favorite toy,” I said vaguely picking up one of the packages.. I used my keys to open it.

“What is it,” Jasper asked.

“This is everything I tried to forget. Everything I left behind.” In the box was old rope that had blood stains on it, a knife, and this wire that had been twisted. The second box had a slew of vhs tapes in it and a couple of dresses in it. My eyes watered from the repressed memories that came back. “Do you have a vhs player?” He nodded getting up and going to the living room and turning on the device. I followed him and put in the tape that had a 1 on it.

“Follow the number order on the tapes and then come get me when you finish them.” With that I left getting in my car and driving home. After locking the door behind me I curled up on the couch and stared at the wall.