Chapter 13

Hey guys I don’t own anything but my characters and my plot. Please vote and comment because I would really like your feedback.

                                                -Octobercries95

______________________________________________

Two days had passed since the incident with Joshua. Fifty-two missed calls, twenty-seven texts, and six voicemails later I found myself in Harry’s house. He paced in front of me as I sat on the couch. Harry had told Sue to take Leah and Seth to Port Angels.

“I want you to stay here Hazel,” Harry started I opened my mouth to say something but he lifted his hand to silence me, “Now I know that you want to protect us but what about Seth and Leah and Sue? They’ve grown attached to you and if you died they’d be devastated.” I stayed silent not knowing what to say. “Hazel I know you want us to be safe but you need to be selfish sometimes hunny.”

A sharp cracking sound brought me back from my thoughts. Looking up and HIM through swollen eyes I saw that we were not alone. Joshua was standing over me with a metal bat in his hand; my blood splattered on it.

“Welcome back,” He smiled cynically as his mockingly sweet words left his lips. Hands attached to someone I couldn’t see pulled me up roughly forcing me to stand. Immediately my legs gave out upon feeling the weight of my body. I don’t remember the last time I’ve eaten, but I know that it was before I was kidnapped. Joshua, who now stood directly in front of me, pulled my shaking arms to the side and they were bound. Slumping once against my bounds I retreated back into my mind before I was fully gone I heard, “Just like old times huh.”

Later that evening Sue and the children came back. Sue was kind enough to set up the guest room for me. Dinner was smoked salmon with herb rice and spinach.

“Hazel,” Sue said getting my attention, “Tomorrow Harry and I are taking Leah to Seattle because we need to get some things for her graduation. Do you think you could watch Seth for us?” Wiping my mouth with a napkin and setting my fork down I nodded, “Yes ma’am. I would be happy to watch Seth for you guys. DO you mind if I ask what you’re getting in Seattle.”

“Shoes.”

“There’s this store by the space needle. It’s called Shoed to Death. Tell them Hazel sent you and get as many shoes as you want,” I smiled softly.

“You don’t have to do that Hazel,” Sue said flabbergasted.

“Nonsense, Sue, it’s the least I can do for all you guys have done for me.” She smiled in gratitude before going back to her food.

“Before I forget there is a Tribe meeting tonight at nine-forty five. We need you to attend with us if that’s okay,” Harry said. I nodded finishing my food; I got up and washed off my plate and the other dirty dishes. Afterward I went upstairs to change out of my sweats and hoodie. I changed into light blue dress that was three quarter length sleeve. Now that it was November the temperature had dropped. Slipping on black flats I made my way downstairs. They were waiting on me by the door.