Chapter 2: The Convenience of the Arrange Marriage

"Arranged marriage is like a blind date...except that date is supposed to last a lifetime." - Unknown

Please don't forget to Vote ...

Comment ...

Follow and Share it too ...

.........................................

Nicolai Petropoulis' POV

I woke up with the incessant ringing of my phone. I groaned loudly and curse whoever is calling me right now. I am so sleepy because I went to bed very late last night or I would say morning and I was downright wasted.

Alexandros and I had the best life last night.

Peeling my eyes open and squinting simultaneously until my eyes gets adjusted with the light, then curse my head when I felt the pain.

I got up and swung my legs out of my bed and made my way to my discarded suit pants that were laying on the floor as I couldn't make another step to the washroom last night from being drunk.

Alexandros and I went clubbing and hit some models. It was fun.

I don't know what happened between us and that brunette. As far as I remember we made out in her car.

Pulling out the phone from my dirty pants and tossing it on one of the chairs in the corner, I saw the call from dad.

I groaned.

Ignoring the throbbing headache starting to build up, I connected the call.

"Yes, dad?" I asked right away without decorum as I walk back on my bed and lay flat on my back, massaging my temple with my free hand.

"You need to go home today," He ordered coldly. I could hear mom blabbering in the background.

For sure, she's demanding my dad to order me to go home, knowing mom. Dad is like a puppet when it comes to her, well most of the time. I know dad loves her so much and I couldn't be happier, but I would never succumb into that kind of love.

Women these days. They thought they had the power and rule over man.

I snorted, shaking my head involuntarily. I thought it was ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I love my mom so much, but not going to indulge myself into anything like love and be a puppet of love.

My ass. No woman ever make me do what dad did. It's ridiculous.

"Nicolai!" Dad's impatient voice resonated in my ears dragging me back to reality and I rolled my eyes.

"Dad, I have to go to work." I reasoned out.

Dad grunted. "I need you home right now!" Dad grits out and I knew this must have been very important to postpone. "I have an important thing to say. So come here and your mom misses you." Dad barked impatiently and I sigh.

I missed mom too and it's been a while since I went to visit them.

I moved out when I was 21 and bought my own condo.

"Alright." I agreed, then he ended the call.

That's my dad. And why would I be surprised. I was like him. In everything, as my mom always tells me. And mom always mad because dad spoiled me when I was a kid until I grew up. Just when I became the favorite topic of all the magazines in Greece that dad started to bark at me, and I knew mom had pissed him off already always telling him, "stop spoiling your son".

Grunting loudly, I lazily got out of my bed and made my way to the washroom to have a shower, ignoring my aching head.

After a long shower, I quickly got changed and headed out.