Chapter 16: Success

"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

............................................

Nicolai Petropoulis' POV

2 years later ...

"...as the Chairman and CEO of the Italy's Financial and Investment Group or IFIG, for more than half-century, IFIG has became my life and even forget to find my suitable mate to share my wealth... *laughters*.. because I thought IFIG completes me, but I was very much wrong. No offence to all IFIG employees.. *audiences laughing*... You guys meant so much to me, it's just that, I released what I am missing. Now that I'm old, I realized, it's hard to grow old ... alone."

He then look around and his eyes settled to me. Mr. Vincenso Agnelli, the Chairman and CEO of IFIG, a 85 years old man, who became my second father and mentor in the cruel world of business. He thought me how to fight and became one of the tigers in financial investments.

Just two months ago, I was acknowledge as one of the 2015 business tiger in the world, courtesy of the World Fortune Global list.

My eyes drifted back to the man in the podium. "... he became my son." I could feel the loved in his deep voice. He was indeed my father when I move here in Italy, that day I left, supposedly my wedding. "For two years, I found a son that I never thought would complete me. He was everything that I never thought I would long for. If only I could turn back time, and marry the first girl who propose to me.. *laughters* ... I will."

He looks around the crowd inside the hall where the 100th anniversary of the IFIG is being held. "Ladies and gentleman, my time as the CEO has come to an end, but I won't leave without making sure that someone as capable as I am would lead this company." Then his eyes landed back to me.

My heart is full of pride. I've been workaholic for two years trying to get where I am now. "I know most of you knew him well. Since he started working with me and for two months I've seen his potential. He became my right hand and for the years he works with me hand in hand, he manage to bring the IFIG to the top of it's game. IFIG was now the first economic group in Italy for sales volume." Pride is his voice is vivid and everyone applauded including me. I felt so proud of course. It was me all the time who works hard to reach this. "Ladies and gentleman, I want to thank all of you and especially to our newest Chairman and CEO, Nicolai Petropoulis, who made IFIG the 8th richest company according to the 2015 Fortune Global 500 list. Congratulations.." He proudly said as he flung his one hand to my direction and applause filled the hall, as everyone stood up looking at my direction.

Mr. Newman beside me tap my shoulder lightly with respect and I stood up so he is and the rest of the directors and shareholders in the table and shook my hand in total respect. I gave them all a small smile with the same respect and I fix my suit and tie before walking to the podium while shaking every hand extended as I walk by, to where my second father and mentor, Mr. Vincenso Agnelli was awaiting.

"Congratulations, figlio." He beams at me and pulled me for a hug. I return the gesture with respect and love. "Thank you, zio."

I look around the crowd and I never felt so proud in my entire life until now. Here I am standing as the CEO of one of the largest and richest financial investment group in the world. "Good Evening everyone. I would like to thank Mr. Vincenso Agnelli for believing in me. The day I came for an interview in his office, I never thought that the shark would see in me that my father didn't see." I cleared my throat as I look around. The thought of the people I love who sees me nothing but an irresponsible kid made me feel angry and bitter. "That day, a new chapter of my life started. He became my second father and then my mentor. With him I learned a lot. I work hard. Applied what I learned from him and added some of what I know and learn from realities. I've come to find the best solutions to every goals, and of course because of everyone's help, we had reach where we were now. Though the game is not over, now that I'm the new CEO, I will promise to do better and will not stop until we were at the very top and I hope I will get the support of all the IFIG supporters."