chappie 8 Arthur's unproven epiphany

Hunith sobbed quietly to herself as she reentered Ealdor. She made her way to the door of her home and gripped the handle with shaking hands. A slightly pregnant woman made her way hesitantly over to Hunith. "Hunith?" she asked hesitantly. "W-what is it M-Mary?" Hunith asked brokenly casting a teary eyed glance at her from over her shoulder." Does he even know?" the woman now known as Mary asked. 

"Merlin who was your mother talking to?" elyon asked curiously. 

"Will's mother" was the reply merlin gave. 

elyon opened his mouth to ask another question but froze when Arthur put a hand on his shoulder, shook his head and gave an authorizing gaze that clearly said 'don't ask ever. if you do i will end you. permanently' Elyan gulped but nodded anyways.  "Merlin you don't have to watch this you know" Arthur spoke softly. He sounded very torn and heart broken, but underneath that tone Merlin felt a command behind it. Merlin couldn't believe what he was hearing. Arthur was literally ordering him not watch his own past. Merlin bit his lip as he fought back tears he didn't even know were there. Arthur sighed and made his way back to his not so secret best friend. He put a comforting hand on Merlin's right shoulder. "Merlin" Arthur said in the same tone guiding Merlin's chin so he was looking straight at him. "that wasn't a suggestion" he said. With that he spun him around put his other hand on Merlin's other shoulder and guided him away from his sobbing mother. "i'll take him Artie you watch the past" phoebe said putting an arm around Merlin tightly so he couldn't turn around and look back. "thanks Goldie" he muttered before sauntering back to a somber Round table. 

"you didn't have to do that Arthur" one of the knights said. Arthur didn't really care which of his men said it because his retort came out of his mouth before he had even processed what the other man had said." none of you were going to do it and i have to find a way to make this up to him" he said his voice quieting with each word he spoke. "Make what up sire?" leon asked. Arthur growled and spun around to face his knights eyes moving around frantically his composure finally having slipped. "don't you all see!!??? This is all MY fault!!! i-it's all my fault!" he said running a hand rapidly through his blonde locks. "Arthur what's your fault?" Gwaine asked shaking his head in confusion. "That!!" he exclaimed eyes wide throwing a hand over at a sobbing Hunith. " Merlin's mother crying is your fault?" Lancelot asked confused. "Yes! er no well its more of my fathers fault actually but my point still stands! because of me er my father Merlin grew up without a fa-" Arthur stops mid sentence eyes wide an epiphany occurring to him. "oh my god" Arthur whispered to himself blue eyes as wide as can be."sire?" Leon asked worriedly Arthur hasn't been his usual regal self since he's gotten captured and it was starting to really worry the knight.  He looked at his knights around him and shook his head rapidly. ugh nothing it's absolutely nothing you know what never mind let's watch Merlin's mom it has to lighten up sometime yeah? Okay great!" Arthur spoke rapidly. Arthur bit his bottom lip as he cast a glance at Merlin who was disobeying his orders and coming back over to them despite phoebe's firm grip on his waist. "grrr.... Merlin ...no no no no no no no!!!bad serving boy!!! the royal said to go the other way!" the time spirit said as she dug the heels of her golden shoes into the ground to try to stop his advance. "Merry bear C'mon work with me here!! You shouldn't be -"" its alright let him come back Goldie this sob story has to lighten up sometime" Arthur spoke as he looked at Merlin straight in the eye with a scrutinizing gaze. To Merlin it seemed as if he was making sure he had cried properly before returning, however Arthur Pendragon was looking for something else. Something that made him want to bash his head against a tree repeatedly.  It made his stomach turn with guilt and wanted  to take back everything bad he ever said to his manservant about will, or his father, or any other magical person that they came across. Arthur Pendragon the once and future king of Camelot  was searching for magic. 

hey readers its me sorry if this is a short update but i'm sort of on a family vacation so had to make this one shorter than i usually would..... oh umm anyways if you like marvel, the avengers, or agents of shield check out my new story elemental!!!! love you guys thanks for reading!!!! tiff out peace!!!