7. At The Hotel

Adele was sitting quietly on the car seat next to Francesco looking outside with sadness. They had just left the theatre and Francesco's words about dreaming of his sons achieving what he couldn't in life of crime was fresh in Adele's mind. She didn't want to say it out loud what his words had reminded her of in that moment. She couldn't bring herself to say to Francesco that she was reminded of Paulo Rosario and how he had a clear vision about what he wanted his sons to become. Francesco was becoming his father. Adele had no doubt about this at all.

Francesco spoke with disapproval " Adele. Why are you so quiet. What's the matter sweetheart. Didn't you like the play we just watched or was it the ice cream that wasn't to your taste?"

Adele turned to Francesco " The play was fine. I enjoyed the gelato very much too." She then gave him a forced smile.

Francesco narrowed his eyes " Then why are you so thoughtful? I want to hear your voice sweetheart. Something is bothering you. Tell me now."

Adele bit her lip and looked away and whispered " Nothing. It's nothing."

Francesco gently reached his hand over to Adele's chin and tilted her head towards himself. He spoke with seriousness in his voice " Adele. Tell me what is the matter?" He then let go of her chin while looking at Adele expecting an answer.

Adele took a deep breath and spoke " I didn't want to argue with you back there at the theatre so I remained silent. But now that you want to know why I am upset, I tell you. Back at the theatre you told me that you want our sons to expand your areas under your control and boost your contacts in police. That really got to me."

Francesco seemed calm. He nodded "I understand sweetheart. But your concerns are void because I will be the one to take responsibility for the upbringing of our sons. I would raise them to be enduring and strong so no one can hurt them. You can have responsibility of our daughters and raise them as you wish. But leave our sons to me." He then leaned close and kissed Adele's cheek and spoke " I like how you think about our children from now. It's so adorable. But sweetheart I don't want this conversation to continue. I don't want to hear any more. It stops now. Because then it may lead to us discussing my business and I don't want that."

Adele decided to drop the subject for now. She didn't want to push her luck, But that conversation wasn't over.

As the car stopped in front of a luxurious hotel Francesco spoke "Here we are. The hotel where we will be staying at tonight and where the Hollywood ball is held in an hour."

Francesco got off and held the door open for Adele to get off. The guards where surrounding Francesco and Adele as they walked into the hotel lobby.

Within seconds of their arrival, a hotel employee walked to Francesco and kissed his hand and spoke " Thank you for gracing our hotel with your presence. Your employees dropped off your suite cases a few hours ago in your room. All is ready for you to reside at our luxurious hotel for the night. I hope you have a pleasant stay. Please, follow me. "

Francesco lead Adele behind him as they followed the man and when they got to the room, Francesco gestured for Adele to enter first. Adele complied and she gasped as she entered. The room was decorated with buckets of roses and lit candles everywhere. There were bottles of champagne on ice and a tray of cheese and grapes on a side table next to a king size bed that was covered in rose petals.

Francesco closed the door behind him and walked to Adele. He started kissing up and down Adele's neck as he held Adele's jacket sleeves and whispered " It's quite hot in our room. Don't you think sweetheart." He then gently pulled off her coat and also took off his own coat too and put it on a sofa.