15. Loving Feelings

Adele was looking over at the city under feet as she was standing at the balcony of the Cafe of the Hotel on the top floor that was exclusively booked by Francesco for both of them. After the dance had finished and guests were mingling, Francesco had brought her upstairs and had asked her to wait. Adele was left there alone with the guards posted outside. Adele had no idea where Francesco was and he was doing. She wasn't even sure why she was there. Here she was standing at the balcony looking at the beautiful view of the city. It hadn't been hardly 5 minutes that Francesco had left her waiting but it seemed like much longer to Adele as she was worried why she was there.

But then Adele found herself fascinated with seeing a show of lights on the Empire State Building. From where she was standing she could see shapes of hearts, flowers, butterflies in form of lights reflected on the building making it a beautiful sight. She then gasped " This is so lovely...." and she smiled as she saw the light show finished by one message written that was frozen on the building. Now she knew it was from Francesco. There was a shape of a heart with an arrow going through it shown in red light. White lights also lit up a message " I love you Adele, my first love, my angel. You are the love of my life and always will be."

Adele couldn't help but admire Francesco's lovely surprise and his message. She whispered " I love you too. I always did. I always will." Then she trembled as she suddenly heard his voice behind him " Adele ..... You do? You really do". He sounded astonished and also happy.

Adele quickly turned around "Francesco ..... You scared me. You are back. How do you walk so quietly that I don't notice you getting ..... close ... to me....." Adele stopped talking as the look in Francesco's eyes made her silent. Francesco looked so ..... different. He was looking at her in a way she had never seen. He looked emotional, happy and ..... innocent. She just wanted to stare into his eyes and hold onto that picture in her mind. She wasn't sure how the change had happened? Did it have anything to do with her telling him she loved him.

Francesco was slowly walking towards Adele while whispering " " So I wasn't dreaming that you said it to me when we were dancing. You love me..... just like how I love you..... This is the best day of my life". He was now standing in front of Adele. He slowly reached for her hand while looking at her intently. He took her hand in his and lifted it up to her lips. He planted a kiss on her hand and whispered " What would I have done if I hadn't met you?"

Adele was finding it hard to form sentences under his intense gaze. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath and whispered as she opened her eyes again "You would have found another girl and would have loved her like how you love me. I am sure of it."

Francesco flinched as he slowly brought down Adele's hand to his side but didn't let go still. He spoke softly "Sweetheart... You are wrong. If I hadn't met you, I would have become what i despised all my life. If I hadn't met you, I would have become what my father wanted me to become. I would have become a man who never knew what loving someone really meant. I would have died not knowing what it meant to hold someone in my arms who made me feel like no one else could. I would have died not knowing what it meant when a woman looked at me in away she didn't look at others and looked at me like no one else could. That's you Adele. When i hold you in my arms, I don't ever want to let you go because I know that holding no one else can make me feel like when I hold you. When I hear your breathing at night as I lie next to you in bed, I feel like nothing matters in the morning when i wake up as long as you are still with me when i open my eyes. When you look at me.... I cant even describe it..... its hard to stop staring into those innocent pair of eyes I fell in love with the first time I glanced at you. These are the same pair of eyes I looked into when I was hardly 15 and I felt so much love instantly. When I saw your eyes for the first time, my heart was about to burst." He then leaned closer and rested his chin on Adele's head and inhaled her scent as she leaned closer to him and rested her head on his shoulders.